We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local beer

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Local beer

I would like to try out some local beer, if there is any, during my upcoming trip. Would appreciate recommendations if Hawaii has locally brewed beer (hopefully different from those internationally famous brands). Thanks.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local beer

I like Longboard. It is from the Kona brewing company.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local beer

If you want beer that is actually brewed in Hawai'i, the Maui Brewing Company beers are pretty good. Draught beer from the Kona Brewing Company is good and brewed in the islands; however, their bottled beer is actually brewed on the mainland US. That's not to say it's not good (I like it a lot).

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local beer

I like Bikini Blond, easy drinking like Tiger.

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Local beer

PRIMO

you must try Primo, it's the local blue-collar beer

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local beer

My hubby likes Primo I don't think it's brewed on the islands but it's very popular there.

Any Kona BC beer you get on tap is brewed there. I like the Longboard lager and the Wailua wheat it has passionfruit in it.

Maui Brewing was good but I prefer beer in a bottle not a can.

There's also Mehana but not sure where it's brewed??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,399 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local beer

Mehana was bought by Hawai'i Nui in Hilo a while back. Primo was being brewed in Kauai by Keoki, but Hawai'i Nui bought them too so I am not sure where Primo is being brewed these days.

7. Re: Local beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:17