We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

Auckland- New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

Hi there, anyone out there know of a good sunset cruise out of Waikiki, and approx how much.

Also what's the best route up to turtle bay and back. Thanks

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,050 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

NaHoku and it's $30 or $35 for about hour and a half.

http://nahokuii.com/

Edited: 04 June 2012, 14:47
jt0813
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

A word of caution about the above noted recommendation - we found NaHoku to be a total party boat (ie. people in bikinis, loud music, lots of alcohol consumption etc). Which is fine of course if that's what you're looking for. However, if you're looking for a quiet, romantic cruise to watch the sunset, I would not recommend NaHoku.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,050 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

Oh yea, it's quite a party boat !! Lot's of people in bikinis, loud music, all drinks are free and a great time !!

I agree totally with jt0813

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

The boat I recommend is the maitai, they keep the boat very clean, the boat sails very smooth and they have good seating. But I have been on them all and they are all fun. But for a first trip I would go with the MaiTai

leahi.com

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,050 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

longboard which one is the maitai? Is that the one down closest to Diamond Head?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

MatTai is the green sail boat that parks at the sheraton, the closest to diamondhead is the mana kai, the little boat with the rainbow sail, not really recommended, its a little small.

We have had a lot of fun on some Na Hoku trips but it does get a little wild at times, if you were in your 20s I would go with the NaHoku.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,050 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

Oh ok thanks. I've seen that but never up close and never been on it. Yes, and I agree the rainbow sail does look quite a bit smaller but I'm not sure that would be a problem necessarily.

And believe me, we are not in our 20's (by a bunch!!) and we still enjoy the NaHoku. Also, next to the NaHoku is the Kepoikai II and we have taken it in the past. Don't remember any details of it but I don't remember any issues.

We just like the crew and the party on NaHoku so that's where we go.

Thanks for the infor longboard.

8. Re: Sunset cruises and what is best route to north shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42