We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinatown

NW US
Level Contributor
73 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Chinatown

Looking for recommendations and hits and misses when planning a little venture into Chinatown for some food - lunch or snack - and am interested in hearing about good places (including what's good there - what to order) and any to avoid. Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinatown

My fav place to eat in Chinatown is Little Village Noodle House. The Orange chicken is yummmmmy!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinatown

This link came from the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page. I clicked on Amberloo and Food. You may also want to check out Cheap Eats and Chinatown tours, lots of info at your fingertips!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k442912…

Mililani, Hawaii
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinatown

Like MrsCombs I recommend the Little Village Noodle House for their Orange Chicken. Also liked their Clams with Black Bean Sauce and the Pan Fried Beef.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,950 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinatown

In Chinatown I've always loved Mei Sum for dim sum and Fook Lam as well. Fook Lam is well known for their xlb.

Indigo and Restaurant Epic are in Chinatown too, but not Chinese, they are eclectic or "fusion" if you prefer the modern term.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinatown

Our local friends always take us to Little Village and we've always loved it. Huge menu, good food, fast service.

NW US
Level Contributor
73 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinatown

Thanks all! Looking forward to trying some new things.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,778 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinatown

Mei Sum Dim Sum for me also.

As you are walking through Chinatown, stop in several of the bakeries. Lots of goodies.

With dim sum, bakery goodies and others, you have a chance to sample many different foods.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinatown

great ideas....this trip we will take our 12 year old granddaughter to Chinatown...I am sure she will really enjoy the stores and we will try the noodle shop you speak of. Mahalo. My husband and I took the walking tour several years ago.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1,288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinatown

Little Village noodle is reliably tasty every time. A bit pricey. However, service is attentive and cordial. Mei Sum has nice "tappas" style variety but the service there is reliably surly.

On Fort Street, somewhat adjacent to Chinatown, is Fort Street Cafe. It is always bustling with locals...has delicious Viet Nam and Thai food...boasts the best garlic Chicken. Has the sweetest couple running the place. My vote every time!

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chinatown

head over to Maunakea street and go to Duc's Bistro

I've had better food there than Orchids