We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruises in Honolulu

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Sunset cruises in Honolulu

My husband and I will be in Honolulu for just 3 nights in mid July.. Looking into a sunset cruise or dinner cruise. We are not big drinkers..Any suggestions? Thanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,950 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

Don't do a dinner cruise, just book a catamaran ride for sunset off of Waikiki Beach (meaning it departs from Waikiki) like the cat the Outrigger Reef, which I believe is the Na Hoku II.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

Most here will recommend that you skip dinner cruises. They are pricy and the food is not great. It really depends on your expectations. If you just want a nice cruise off the coast to enjoy the sunset and see the sights from the water I would recommend having a nice, early dinner somewhere and then find a cat cruise that meets your needs.

We went on Island Magic Cat last night for the Fireworks cruise. IF you are ok with a no frills, nothing fancy kind of thing that isn't a party boat, this one might work for you. They have a discount through Yelp if you are interested.

Many here recommend the Maita'i Cruise but it seems they are bigger on alcohol service.

You can search both on Yelp.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

If you do a sunset cruise on Friday night you can see this:

http://youtu.be/Mw41X0hracM

It was wonderful to see the show from the water. It's the only reason we took the cruise.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,087 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

NaHoku II is actually at the Outrigger Waikiki not the Reef. It is a yellow boat with red and yellow striped sail.

http://nahokuii.com/

They do serve alcohol but they don't make you drink it !!

Have a great trip

Aloha

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
534 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

Makani Catamaran is the only one I know of that serves drinks AND pupus on their sunset sails.

www.sailmakani.com

it's not in waikiki, but i think they offer shuttle services to the marina about 10 minutes away.

6. Re: Sunset cruises in Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:17