We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

san francisco
Level Contributor
70 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

We will be staying in Wyndham waikiki on Lewer street which has parking for $30/day. Please suggest cheap parking lots around that area as we need it for 6 days.

Thanks

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Hey we stayed there on our last trip two years ago and it was $25 day. They offered a $75 discount if you sat through a timeshare presentation. Hale Koa is a few blocks away and I believe was $10 day back then not sure what it is now.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

"Cheap parking" in Waikiki is an oxy moron. The Hale Koa has upped their prices and is in line with most places in Waikiki. The Waikiki Banyan probably has the lowest prices with in and out privileges but would be quite a walk from the Wyndham.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

OK, my favorite rant, and I'm sure some are tired of hearing about it.

So I'll keep it brief.

Find a nice condo rental with FREE parking, a kitchen (if you want to use it), a pool, a bbq, and maybe tennis courts.

Two to three blocks to the beach. Under $100/nt for a one bedroom. More with a view. More for more bedrooms.

Got it??

Happy hunting~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Hale Koa no longer offers the less expensive parking. From their current website info it is now $36/day for general public. It used to be a viable option. Some hotel offers $10/day but not sure where.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Not feeling the rant but it's true if you want to stay in Waikiki and rent a car book a spot which includes parking. If this is your first trip you probably didn't know your options or like us staying at Wyndham Beachwalk first trip was our only option as we had to use the last of our expiring discovery points and wanted to stay in Waikiki. We wised up this trip and when researching if parking wasn't included it wasn't even a consideration . Our condo has ALL the amenities we were looking for parking being #1.

Edited: 26 June 2012, 15:39
California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Cruzn couple: The Hale Koa parking issue came up recently in here. I noted that they no longer mention the overnight public parking on their website. But someone else said that they just took it off their website -- they still offer it.

I'm not sure that's right, but I sure hope so. For some travelers it could be worth a call to the hotel to find out!

Maybe one of the experts will clear this up?

lmg909
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Oh the Hale Koa still offers it...Its a whopping $36/24 hours for the public..Or at least that is what their website says.

My advice to you would be just to pay to park. You will spend all your vacation looking for cheap or free parking and it will be a headache. I absolutely know what you are going through.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

Does their website say it is $36 for 24 hours?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

From Hale Koa's website:

"Hotel Parking

HOURLY PARKING RATES

GENERAL PUBLIC

$4.00 First Hour (or fraction thereof)

$1.50 Each Additional 1/2 Hour (or fraction thereof)

$36.00 Maximum for 24 Hours"

halekoa.com/about_us/list_services_and_ameni…

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap parking lot in Honolulu

This was a discussion a couple days ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k552901…