We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

Hello Tripadvisor friends, we are planning a girlfriends trip and staying at the Royal Hawaiian in August. Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on their spa services and facilities. Is there a spa that you would recommend over the Royal's? Any information would be appreciated!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

My husband and I used the spa there and really enjoyed the facility. It's not huge but they had a great staff and our massages and my facial were both amazing. I don't remember the ladies area being very large but the soaking tub was pretty nice.

For a girls day I'd almost prefer a trip to the spa at the Moana Surf Rider. Their waiting area was really nice, the hot tub and sauna area was larger and seemed more conducive to a group atmosphere. They also have a "couples" room that you could reserve and it had it's own jacuzzi tub. It was large enough they could probably set up a few extra tables in the room so you all could be together (not sure if they would do that or not).

My other recommendation for a girls day would be a bit farther from Waikiki but the facilities were amazing. That is at the spa at the JW Marriot Ihilani. They had a wonderful facility that the ladies would enjoy relaxing in including a good sized hot tub, small cold plung pool, sauna, steam room and a couple different showers. I wasn't really impressed with the couples room they put us in....but the over all "spa" area was really nice.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

Excellent thank you for your feedback! Thanks so much!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

You are welcome.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

I've been lucky enough to have services at both the Abhasa Spa (Royal Hawaiian) and Moana Lani (Surfrider) and LOVED them both. At the Royal I had the lomi massage in one of their garden cabanas. It was hands down the best massage I've ever had.

At the Moana, I had a massage underneath a seven head shower spray. Also a wonderful experience.

As a solo traveler I would go back to Abhasa. While it is small, it's a very serene atmosphere. As a girl's day, I think I would choose Moana Lani. Bright, crisp atmosphere, beautiful beach view from the waiting lounge, and a better feel for a small group. (The jet tub and sauna areas are swimsuit required if that makes any difference to you.)

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

Great minds.

6. Re: Spa at the Royal Hawaiian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:46