We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Cove Luau???

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Cove Luau???

Anyone experienced the Paradise Cove Luau?

How is it compared to the other Luaus?

This is our first time in Hawaii and we'd definitely like to do a Luau with our kids (aged 10 & 12).

Please advise of best Luau options.

Thanks!

Aloha, Oregon
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

We went to Paradise Cove 3 times and really enjoy it. Have been to Germaines,HHV, and PPC which is all day and more expensive,but very interesting and beautiful evening show, Have a great time.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

Aloha from waikiki, we actuallly went last night.

We bought our tickets thru hawaiidiscount.com and drove ourselves, so you end up saving about $30 a ticket.

Some good some not so good.

First off keep in mind, luaus are not for everyone, great for familes, but if you are 25 and single go to the rumfire instead, the luau will be a little slow.

Best part was the show, very well done and professional. The dancers looked great and were very sharp. Emcee was so so but other than the guy that use to work the Royal Hawaiian they all seem to be that way. Maui thinks their luaus are really great, but Ohaus entertainers are far superior than you will find on the other islands. The only complaint was the show was a little short, but probably good for kids.

The not so good was the size of the crowd, we had 1200, ouch. And yes sometimes you fellt like cattle. Maybe not the luau you always dreamed of.

All the Moms had smiles, all the dads had this look of I can't believe I spent this much money. But you need to break it down. Our ticket was $57, so figure $20 for the dinner, $10 for the 2 drinks, $7 tip, so the actual show is costing you $20 which is not too bad. Donny and Marie in vegas will cost you $90

I guess still prefer the Hale Koa because it is smaller and right on waikiki, but now that we have been promoting it on tripadvisor, they seem to be selling out shows, so maybe that is not an option anymore,

But every family who goes to hawaii needs to go to a luau

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

We've been to Germaine's and Paradise Cove. With small children (and even adults) I would strongly recommend Paradise Cove. So many activities before the "show", crafts, canoe rides, fun and games for everyone. Beautiful location as well.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,098 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

If I were going to a luau on Oahu, Paradise Cove is the one I would choose.

NW US
Level Contributor
73 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

We have just returned from Hawaii and took our two children, similar ages as yours, and they really enjoyed it. In fact, one of my kids said it was her favorite things of our entire trip. If you are going for entertainment value and for the sake of finding something fun and memorable for your kids, this is a great choice. Upon arrival there are family things to do before the actual luau starts. Most of the activities are tip-based. We really enjoyed participating in the pre-show activities as a family. The only downside of the experience was the food - definitely do not pick this for the food. I thought the food was pretty bad. Like I said, if you are looking for the whole experience for entertainment value for you and your kids, it is worth it for that. Also, we booked and paid for ours using he hawaii discount site, and it was a lot cheaper - they also have the option to not charge you for the bus ride to/from the luau if you have a rental car - we saved $50 driving ourselves there instead of taking the bus. Have fun!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,979 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

I went to Paradise Cove in early June. You can check out my review if you like. I was less than impressed, the luau's on Maui are definitely a huge step above. That said, my 12 year old granddaughter loved it.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

I've been to paradise cove 3 times , it's fun and has a great view over the ocean, the food at these places is so so , but your going to see the show and have fun!

Haven't decided if I am going in August yet !

John

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

Any comparison to Chief's luau?

9. Re: Paradise Cove Luau???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:15