We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germaine's Luau

Hamburg, New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Germaine's Luau

Am looking at several luau options: Chief's Luau or Paradise Cove in Honolulu or Drums of the Pacific and/or Old Lahaina Luau on Maui --- opinions, please. I think LeLe is a little exotic for DH's taste although I do like the Table service as opposed to a Buffet line. Thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,493 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Germaine's Luau

If I had to pick one of the four, OLL hands down.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Germaine's Luau

absolutely OLL (jmho)

Edited: 17 July 2012, 03:41
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,046 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Germaine's Luau

I would choose one with a fire knife dancer. Much more entertaining.

A luau is a Hawaiian feast with or without entertainment.

So choose one with the best entertainment.

80% choose a luau with a fire knife dancer as they are the most entertaining.

Drums of the Pacific would be my choice.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Germaine's Luau

Paradise Cove isn't in Honolulu. It's in Ko'Olina, about 30 to 45 minutes (at certain times of the day) from Honolulu. I believe that they will pick you up from Waikiki. If I were going to a luau on Oahu - Paradise Cove is the one I would choose.

California
Level Contributor
599 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Germaine's Luau

I've been to Paradise Cove.... and enjoyed it all three times. That's my choice on Oahu, but if I were able to go to Maui, I've heard the Old Lahaina Luau is the best of the best.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Germaine's Luau

I live here and I always take my luau-requesting mainland guests to Paradise Cove.

Never been disappointed. Yes, it is unabashedly touristy, but fun and very well done, IMHO. Great imu ceremony, etc.

Gorgeous setting, sunset photo ops to the max. Some of the luau are not directly on the water. Paradise Cove is situated on a lovely beach, with lovely sunset views.

Been there more times than I can count now. And I've enjoyed it every time.

JMHO, of course.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Germaine's Luau

If you have a choice, the Old Lahaina Luau is the one to pick. I've been to the OLL, Drums of the Pacific and Paradise Cove. The last one I would recommend on my personal experience is Paradise Cove. Overly expensive, cheezy, crowded with mediocre food. Will have to agree with KailuaMama that the imu ceremony was the best one of the bunch at Paradise Cove.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Germaine's Luau

How far in advance should we make a reservation for Paradise Cove? Is there another, less touristy, perhaps smaller luau on Oahu that would be better? Thank-you.

California
Level Contributor
599 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Germaine's Luau

There is a less crowded and less expensive luau at the Hale Koa hotel on the beach at Ft. DeRussy. You can call them for information but here is the link. We've been here a couple of times and it's a good luau.

halekoa.com/dining_entertainment/halekoa_lua…

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Germaine's Luau

Thank-you, pilikia2.