We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Apart from the 'Pride of America' which we know about already, will there be any other cruise ships coming into or leaving from Honolulu during the first two weeks of September?

Thanks!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

I did find this website - if it has all the cruises in Sept then it looks as though POA is the only ship there early in the month.

cruisetimetables.com/fromhonoluluhawaii-sep2…

QE2 passes through 30/09 so outside your time frame also.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,311 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

I tried to find on the Internet some of my favorite grids/tables of the cruiselines and their destinations. They disappeared - for marketing reasons I guess or the hassle of keeping them current.

But, you may want to visit your local travel agent. He/She would have more current information than I - and better access to the tables - as some info is for agents only.

You do know that NCL is the only cruiseline that travels among the island without a trans-Pacific leg ... yes? Too bad NCL does such a bad job at it.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

In all fairness NCL is at a huge disadvantage labor wise, I think you need to go with a different attitiude and enjoy hawaii and not focus on the cruise. Cruise people are too picky, its hawaii, just be glad you have a bed and a meal.

In the fall you can find some that do the LA Hawaii Vancouver route, not real expensive buy they are 15 days.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

I heard the Disney cruises will be coming but I don't know when.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Yes, over a two week period there will be cruise ship(s), other than NCL, coming to port in Honolulu Harbor.....

My condo overlooks the channel and cruise docks and there are invariably a couple of visiting ships in each week, sometimes as many as five or more. Although it varies from week to week.

Can't remember a two-week period when no non-NCL cruise ships came to port.

But, it's not like I keep track.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Hi

We are going on a cruise it leaves 25th Sept Rhapsody of the Seas ,it leaves at 1 minute before midnight 11.59pm 19 days on our way to Sydney.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Cruise ships from Alaska starts repositioning in September. Hawaii will see alot of cruise ships making cruises to Hawaii while repositioning from their winter operations.

I have a list, but, at the moment can't find it, so will post a schedule as I find the list among my business papers.

australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

We are also doing a cruise which leaves Honolulu on Monday September 24th and believe that there is another in port a couple of days before ours.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Here is the 2012 Port of Honolulu Cruise Ship Scedule:

hawaii.gov/dot/…oahucruise2012.pdf

Here is link to current activity, not necessarily cruise ships:

hawaii.gov/dot/…oashipschedule.pdf

Here is link showing miscellaneous vessels in Honolulu area and you can move map around:

www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx…

Gadsden, Al
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Ships in Honolulu

Yes, we are coming into Honolulu September 25th, on RCCL Rapsody of the Sea which leaves Vancouver Sept. 14th.