We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ipad Help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ipad Help

Would like to by an Ipad ,how much ,and will I be able to use it back home Australia, Sydney

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ipad Help

Are you looking at getting a wifi iPad or a 4g ipad?

2. Re: Ipad Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 13:25
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ipad Help

I bought the ipad2 16gb with wifi back in May.

The fellows are really patient &helpful &multi task really well, although they can be helping/serving you as well as someone else which can be frustrating.

The iPad 2 I bought was about $80 cheaper than here BUT I bought other accessories as well, one of which I had to return ($100)..... Well that was a real trial of which I won't go into details"....... Eventually I received a refund.

Now I,m not sure about this, but you may want to check first......if you want the free classes you can have in the Apple store...... Not sure if you buy the iPad in the US whether you are then eligible for classes here in Australia......just a thought. Yes you will be able to use it here.....may want to buy world travel adaptor kit. You can check out the price difference from using the Apple US site or the Australian site.

Hope that is helpful....let me know.

Edited: 20 July 2012, 23:05
Canada
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ipad Help

Apple pricing is pretty even across the board with their product line.

I would advise you to buy it where you live.

I purchased my ipad2 in Canada(Love it)...and Travel everywhere with it. No trouble with functionality.It is WiFi only.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ipad Help

Just buy your ipad at home ,you dont save hardly anything,,the iphones are the same price,my iphone was the same price here as it was in hawaii..

applestuff doesnt seem to be cheaper anymore,when i got my kids ipods a few years back it was about $90 cheaper

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ipad Help

Thank you everyone for all your information it has been a great help.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ipad Help

Apple does have a Unilateral pricing policy. Meaning that no matter where you go you will find the same price. Normally when it is on sale on place it is on sale at all places.

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ipad Help

If you haven't left yet, buy it in Aus and claim back the GST at the airport before you depart. Has to be within one month of travelling. Also, you can have it ll set up before you take your trip.

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ipad Help

If you haven't left yet, buy it in Aus and claim back the GST at the airport before you depart. Has to be within one month of travelling. Also, you can have it ll set up before you take your trip.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ipad Help

With the GST saving there is probably little reason to buy it in the US. If you do buy in the US only buy the wifi model as the 4G is locked to either AT&T or Verizon.