We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hale koa - which tower and room class?

I am staying at the hale Koa this October. I know you cannot "book" a tower, but I would like to request the better one. Can anyone tell me which has the best views? I know one is renovated, but I don't care as much about that as the view - as long as the older one is clean.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between ocean view and ocean front? I understood that the hotel was set back from the beach. There is a big price difference per day, do I don't want to splurge on ocean front if it I s not realy worth it.

Any advice? I cannot find anything in the older forum entries.

Thanks!

1. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2012, 10:57
Colorado
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Ilima Tower was recently renovated. Maile Tower is "newer/age wise" and we have always stayed in it. Probably in need of renovation, but with downturn in economy may be a few years down the road. Plan to stay in Maile Tower during our upcoming Dec/Jan visit. Even after renovation I feel "closed in" while visiting friends in Ilima Tower. We have always stayed in Garden View and been very satisfied. Have had partial ocean view a couple of times. Not much difference from Garden View. Ocean view would probably suffice, but you can figure that Ocean Front is wonderful. Whatever you decide, hope you enjoy HK as much as we have on our previous 11 visits.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Michael P, I was hoping for a bit more explanation. How close is the ocean front? is the lanai larger than an ocean view? on the ocean view, do you have to crane your neck to even catch a glimpse of the ocean, or is it readily viewable?

thanks for the help all!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Ocean View will still have a great view. Lanais are basically same size, and very nice for sitting outside.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

The ocean front in the Maile has a wrap around lanai. We stayed on the 11th and 12th floor on the side facing the museum. One side of the Lanai faces the ocean directly (200-250 yards away as a guess) and the other downtown. I think the other towers oceans front just has a lanai on the side with a picture window in front. You can request a tower and floor. If they are available you get it. We thought the view was worth the extra cost both times we stayed

Edited: 06 August 2012, 02:16
Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Should have said the corner rooms are deluxe ocean front. Ocean front is in the middle between corner rooms. For view pictures just look at my reviews of the property.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

Thank you, BrightonBill. That was very helpful.

springing for deluxe ocean front!

8. Re: Hale koa - which tower and room class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:15