We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation for party of six

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Transportation for party of six

Family of six requires least expensive transportatoin from HNL airport to Waikiki. Any suggestions?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation for party of six

I'd pick up a mini-van from the taxi line right outside the luggage terminal. There is an assistant to help.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
174 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation for party of six

I highly, highly recommend "Johnny Cab". We have using "Johnny Cab" for over two years and would not use a regular cab nor have we needed to. John Smith is reliable, priced better than the cabs, has a mini-van and will be waiting for you right outside of baggage claim and take you quickly and efficiently to your hotel. He is a hard working, dependable young man. You can text him with your information or email him. Text or phone is 808 722 4610 or emial him at johnrsmithiv@yahoo.com.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation for party of six

Charley's Taxi is very good as well. I keep them in my cell phone: (808) 955-2211.

That being said - you can still pick out a large taxi. I am surprised at the number of big ones in the line.

Edited: 09 August 2012, 20:19
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation for party of six

A large taxi or car is great, "but", what about your luggage?

With six people traveling and maybe two luggage a piece, don't think a mini van or large car can accomodate six people and luggage. My thought ........

Try calling ABC Limo or Jay's Limo and ask what they rates will be. A limo definitely can accomodate six people with luggage. Or take two taxi from HNL for approx. $40 a taxi.

Good luck,

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation for party of six

We take ABC Limos each time we go to Oahu...Melvin Kim is wonderful...totally reliable and reasonable....always waiting at the baggage for us with the most beautiful leis and a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts. He arrives in a Super Limo( large enough for 8 passengers(we are only 3). The trip to the hotel is pleasant as he fills us in on great places to go...new openings and much aloha. Try it...enjoy your trip...aloha

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation for party of six

We also are big fans of Johnny Taxi. John Smith was great. It was like having a tour guide/driver all in one. We even found ourselves too tired to find a bus back from University of Hawaii to Waikiki one day. We called him and he picked us up and took us where we needed to go. From the airport he was waiting for us right outside the terminal. When the sad time came to leave Hawaii he was punctual waiting right at the door of our condo to return us to the airport. He is definitely going to be the only one we call next visit!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,410 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation for party of six

I have used Hawaii23 and johnncabhi both in the last few years and would highly recommend either one.

My concern would be the same as islekane and that is getting 6 people and all the luggage in a van. The 6 people would not be a problem, but luggage seems to me like it might be hard to fit.

I suggest an email to either one first to see what they tell you about that much luggage and people in one trip.

Good luck

Aloha

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation for party of six

Old post, people.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,410 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation for party of six

Yep, BL you are correct and you know what is funny, you have to go back about 100 pages to find something with a last post date of August 2012.

Why do people go back that far to dig stuff up?

Sanvie - look at the last post date when you did up something old. If you have the same question, better just to ask it again on a new post.

Aloha

10. Re: Transportation for party of six

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:16