We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles/Transportation for large group

Alberta, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Shuttles/Transportation for large group

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding transportation to various sights around Waikiki for a large group of 12-16 adults. We're looking at going to things like Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, University of Hawaii, etc. The Bus is an option, but booking a shuttle/bus will be more efficient.

Any recommendations and your thoughts on this being cost effective versus The Bus? I know it will be more, just wondering how much more. Car rentals are out.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

I sure wouldn't do it on the bus. I'd say 8 times out of 10 that I have been on the bus, it has been standing room only for most of the trip.

Where are you staying?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,899 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

I wouldn't use the public transportation system either. TheBus is great but they have dropped some routes and they are more crowded than ever. Getting that many people on the bus at one time would be iffy at best. Also, depending on where in Waikiki you are, you may have to transfer to another bus just to get to Manoa.

Alberta, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

Any recommendations on shuttle companies that can handle ~15 people?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

Your best bet might be to rent a couple vans for your visit for the days you want to self tour and go with the bigger tour companies (Roberts) for the days you want something a little more structured.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

The most reasonably company, I believe will be Jay's Limousine Service. Go on line at www.jay'slimousine.com and check his sight out. He will have two mini busses posted. Good luck.

6. Re: Shuttles/Transportation for large group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:15