We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the "better" condos

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which are the "better" condos

Hello again

I received wonderful help a few days ago about hotels

I researched the posters' responses and we decided based on our price range we are better off getting a condo/apt

I have been looking on TA & VBRO

I was hoping for some advice about the following condos as well as any I should look for units in

We are only 2 ppl so a Studio is fine the most important thing is to be walking distance from the beach (also a fitness center would be nice)

So far I found

Marine Surf "Hotel"

Ilikai

Thank you again!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,079 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the "better" condos

See if you can find something you like at the Waikiki Shore. It is right on the beach and next to the Outrigger Reef Hotel.

If you do a search on here, you can probably find some specific recommendations and contact names and numbers for various units.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the "better" condos

See if Scott responds. He usually has great suggestions.

discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html#

Take a look at #40.

Ilikai - I don't like the location. I would try to get something more central on Waikiki.

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the "better" condos

Thanks for the info

I see that the map is divided by colors, what do they mean?

I looked @ Waikiki Shore but its about $200 a night

I am looking to spend $100 per night (we are 2 people)

I hope Scott responds as well!

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which are the "better" condos

Take a look at Waikiki Sunset and Waikiki Banyan on vrbo. You should be able to find something suitable in your price range. - Maybe even a one bedroom.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,683 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which are the "better" condos

$100 a night for a condo and "better" are not usually words that go together. $100 a night is very low. If I had to pick the Illikai would be my choice over the Marine Surf and then I'd look at the White Sands, Hotel Ilima, Hawaiian King and Waikiki Sand Villa.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
600 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which are the "better" condos

my friend stayed here:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p972248

i visited and it was really nice. the view from the roof (that has a nice pool/bbq area) is great, too!

if you're 2 people sharing a bed kind, then i'd suggest this place. good location, near Food Pantry, secure, free parking, and clean unit. I was impressed!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,683 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which are the "better" condos

>>>my friend stayed here:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p972248<<<

This must be the Fairway Villas. That unit looks really nice, here are the reviews from TA. (reviews of the facility, not that unit)

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d87007-R…

So maybe look at the Island Colony as well and the Maile Sky Court?

Edited: 15 August 2012, 13:08
Seattle
Level Contributor
45,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which are the "better" condos

I agree $100/night is not really the price range of "better" condos in Waikiki. Pat Winston manages some at the Hawaiian King (you can google the name) that might work for you. But these units are about getting a full-sized apartment, clean and decent, good location, not about anything fancy.

suze

Edited: 15 August 2012, 14:56
Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which are the "better" condos

Thanks so much by "better" I mean clean, good location and safe..... nothing fancy

I ask because I was originally looking @ Marine Surf and a specific studio which gets very good reviews, but when I check facility reviews on TA there are mentions of rowdy clubs and noise til 4am!

I want to get the most for my $100 which is why I come to you experts!!!

If I was willing to raise my budget to $150 a nite what complex would you suggest??? and is it really worth it over the $100 studios - I dont need a full kitchen and we are a married couple so 1 bed is fine

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which are the "better" condos

If you don't need a full kitchen, and are willing to stay in a "studio" and only need 1 bed... why not just go with a hotel room? One that has an undercounter frig and coffeemaker (is pretty common). There a so many nice options in the $100-150 price range. I think you are limiting your choices needlessly with the "condo" search.

aloha, suze