We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning transport to airport.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early morning transport to airport.

Aloha everyone..

I have a bit of a problem in that we are coming over to Honolulu on the 9th of October, staying at the HHV. We are flying in from San Francisco and being picked up by Mark from Hawaii23.. So far so good:). Problem is our flight back to San Francisco is at 06.31am and Hawaii 23 cannot provide transport till 6am so that's to late. Does anyone know a reputable company who I can book either from here in the UK, or while in Hawaii or will the hotel be able to sort or a taxi for me while we are there?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ian.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
13 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning transport to airport.

You could try Roberts, but I understand that a cab has a $15 flat rate, so you could have the concierge call a taxi also.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning transport to airport.

I prefer the low stress, no planning of a taxi! I'm not a fan of any service unless it is a limo that you require.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning transport to airport.

OK - Taxis do not have flat rates as a general rule. Some do, some don't --- and you would need to find one and reserve one to get a flat rate.

By all means, have the HHV flag a cab for you! Or they can arrange for a shuttle pick up for you. They have all kinds of staff that can help you with that - no worries. Lots of options.

Hawaii23 is far from being the only way to get to the airport! They do a great job of getting TripAdvisor to promote them for free, though ... so they must be pretty smart.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning transport to airport.

Ian, upon your arrival or maybe a couple days before your departure, go to the concierge's desk in the main lobby off to the side of the main check in desk and ask them what is offered for early morning departure to the hotel other than Charley's taxi at the normal taxi rate.

At one time, HHV, had their own airport shuttle provided by Charley's. I believe it was $9.00 per person to the airport. Check with the conceirge and they can help you. I do believe, shuttle companies do not operate before 6 am.

Good luck,

5. Re: Early morning transport to airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:16