We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

I have made a booking with Discount Hawaii Car Rental and the booking is with Dollar Waikiki. We are staying at the Ohana Waikiki West but the Dollar depot does not look to be nearby. The booking says that a complimentary shuttle will pick us up and take us to the depot. However, I have booked the car for 8am because we want to be on the road for our island drive early in the morning. For those that have used the shuttle, do you think it would operate early morning?

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

Actual shuttle information I'm not able to provide. But, they do open at 7:00am. I have noticed on numerous visits to Waikiki that people line up early in the morning at many car rental places. I only mention this as you don't want to waste your day standing in line.

It may cost more but I would consider renting a car from a company at your hotel or real close.

Good luck.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

Hmm, that's a good point because I guess ,if it were a depot we could easily walk to, we could get up early and get there hopefully before much of a line developed.

Anyone know what car hire places are near Ohana Waikiki West?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

I should also point out that this will be on January 3rd which I presume is a pretty busy time?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,729 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

I know you can rent from the Hyatt Regency which is a few blocks from your hotel.

They have Hertz and Budget. I have rented from budget in the past and it was cheaper than Hertz.

Make reservations on their website and I think if you pay at the time you make the reservation it actually saves a little bit compared to waiting to pay when you pick up the car.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

People get an early start around here and I don't think you would have a problem getting a shuttle for 8:00am. Probably even earlier!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

we had the shuttle pick up at 7:30 am to take us to Dollar for our 8am pick up.

I thought there was a pick up for Dollar at the Pacific hotel as well - that might be closer if you want to walk?

Edited: 28 August 2012, 13:16
Forest Park...
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

Enterprise car rental is only a few blocks away.

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

The walk from your hotel to the Dollar Rent a car is about 8 blocks a 15 minute walk.

9. Re: Dollar Car Rental Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 02:18