We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good airfares for May

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Good airfares for May

Hi just wanted to give a heads up there are some good fares from LAX/SFO TO HNL for May 2013 The lowest I saw was 397 to 420 (I use ita and orbitz to check prices)

I am not sure if these prices are available often but since we are using miles to fly east coast to west it was a good deal for us to get the flight now

Happy Travels!

Delaware
Level Contributor
78 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good airfares for May

Do you change airlines? How do you make out with baggage transfers.

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good airfares for May

Hmmm if you are asking about booking separate flights with miles- yes we will have to foot the bill on those flights ( so $50 total per person) but we are also spending a couple of days in those cities so it worked out for us

Delaware
Level Contributor
78 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good airfares for May

Yes we were thinking of using miles for our Southwest airfare to west coast and the buy airfare to hnl, but worried about baggage and changing terminals

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good airfares for May

To avoid that we are spending a couple days in San Francisco pre-Hawaii and a couple in Los Angeles post - Hawaii

California
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good airfares for May

i find that orbitz is a little bit pricier than other website. i like Hawaiian airlines and their prices tends to go down 2 months out. we went earlier this year end of april and booked at the end of feb and got $160 each way from sfo. Another website to check is alaska air. they do a lot of promotions flying out of oakland and san jose which is less than an hour from san fran.

have you looked at kayak.com? they do give you an rough estimation of other airlines as well.

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good airfares for May

That is an excellent price I just needed to book my east coast flight now to take advantage of my miles. I use ita software ( which is what orbitz uses) but it gives me chance to price various days and airports in 1 search. I then dbl check on orbitz but ultimately book with the airline direct.

7. Re: Good airfares for May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:16