We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Hawaii cards

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton, Md
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Go Hawaii cards

Has anyone used the go Hawaii card lately? I will be visting in sept. and wonder is it worth it for me to buy or not. Or is it better to get the coupon books on the street?

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go Hawaii cards

Do a search this topic has been discussed repeatedly.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go Hawaii cards

You answered your own question - and yes, people ask about the Go Card all the time. It's advertisment that you are paying for. Short term deals on places that you may or may not want to go to ... or they might not be handy, or any good. Some tourist traps. If you see something that you know you want for sure - and it actually will save you an appreciable amount of money - then sure. But do not plan your vacation around these ads. (Some people do!) I'd skip it.

Sure, pick up the freebies when you get your luggage at the airport.

Celina, Ohio
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Go Hawaii cards

My husband and I are going to oahu for the 1st time in September. I am going to get the card through the costco website for $155 each. I went back and forth on whether or not to do this. Basically it came down to the fact that we have never been to hawaii and we are both interested in seeing as much as possible on a budget. He wants to do all the pearl harbor stuff (which I know is free) but the area museums that he wants to go to are not. Another day we will rent mopeds with the card and another day we are going to try the kuola ranch tour which includes a dinner. When I added all this up it came to $170 each. This is based on the cost of the attractions online. The day we are renting the mopeds we may add in another attraction or we may not. I know I have seen a lot of negative comments about the Go Oahu card on the TA message board but to each their own. We live in a rural community and its very boring so I am looking forward to alternating busy days of sightseeing and being a tourist and down days of just meandering around waikiki and the surrounding areas and taking it all in. We are in oahu for 6 days and maui for 5. Hope that helps.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go Hawaii cards

<<but the area museums that he wants to go to are not. >> Like what?

Sorry that you are falling into the trap. My best word of advise at this time is that you NOT us these offers to build your itinerary. These are ads. Go where you want to go and do what you want to do. There are lots of great trip reports and draft itineraries on the Maui and Oahu Forums for ideas. Look at the top questions off to the right hand side.

Lots of threads here on TA about mopeds - the forums. You may want to read what others have to say about renting them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go Hawaii cards

We looked into this card, and decided against it. We used Entertainment book b1g1 coupon for the Robert's grand circle island tour for our 1st day. After that we rented car for 2 days, to Pearl Harbour, Round top drive, Punchbowl cemetery, then hike Manoa Falls. At night drove to the Chief's luau, which was good. Next day drove to hike Diamond Head, then to Hawaii Kai for outrigger canoe (on double hulk canoe, not the rec style outrigger canoe), then to Kailua Beach, and the PCC.

A lot of the go card attractions are only good during day time, and are all over the island. We didn't want to plan our trips around those "attractions" but rather where we wanted to go. So the card wouldn't work for us.

Celina, Ohio
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Go Hawaii cards

I included the battleship memorial, the arizona audio tour, and the pacific aviation museum as items that would be included with the go oahu card.

7. Re: Go Hawaii cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 03:18