We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best coffee in honolulu??

Sydney
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Topic
Best coffee in honolulu??

Hi all, my brother and his wife to be are going on their honeymoon in a weeks time and i was wandering what is the best coffee place in waikiki??

Thanks in advance. :))

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

When we are in Waikiki, our evening routine is to walk to Island Vintage Coffee in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center on the second level above the Royal Grove.

We usually order a latte and a large Kona Coffee, find a table at the rail, relax and watch the people and the traffic below as our day comes to a close.

There are also cookies, scones, green and fruit salads, sandwiches, acai bowls, smoothies, soups, bagels, croissants and breads available for purchase... But we come for the coffee.

It is the perfect place for us to talk about, review and enjoy the end the day as the world rushes by below....

California
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

i love island vintage coffee too. that is one place i look forward to going when i go back to Waikiki, the ambiance is nice and the coffee is good!

if they don't mind no view and wants to try strong coffee, another place to go to is lions coffee. you can buy all different favors of coffee beans including macadamia nut, coconut, thai... go look on their website and take a look.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

Best coffee ... or best coffee place?? Two different things.

My favorite - and I am SO picky! - is Honolulu Coffee Company. Their coffee is extraordinarily good. The have French macaroons in flavors that would knock your socks off. Love their chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies as well. The location that is usually handiest for me is on the rocking chair porch side of the Ala Moana Surfrider. Great place to people watch.

I have seen others - a couple at the Ala Moana (shopping) Center, for example.

www.honolulucoffee.com/v2/index.php…

Edited: 30 August 2012, 17:07
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

I've been to both Honolulu Coffee Company and Island Vintage (which does have a shop in the Ala Moana Mall) and I liked Honolulu Coffee Company the best.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

OK, not in Waikiki, but Downtown.....

The VERY BEST coffee shop in Hawaii.

Beach Bum Cafe, at the corner of Bishop and Hotel Streets next to Longs.

Relatively new, award-winning, named among "America's Coolest Coffee Houses" by Travel & Leisure.

Incredible stuff. A true "Micro brew" place.

They ONLY offer "Single Estate", species coffee from farms around the state. Each day brings a selection of about half-a-dozen varieties. All pure, hand selected, slow roasted, and distinctive.

They will prepare it anyway you want. Espresso, a variety of press types, drip, they'd probably even perc it for you.

Shop is modern, clean, nice vibe and great mix of folks. And they love to talk coffee.

http://beachbumcafe.com/index.html

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

Right down the street from the dh's office, gonna have to try this out. Sounds fascinating. I'm there, thanks amberloo!!

Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

Is the rocking chair porch side of the Ala Moana Surfrider within walking distance from the Wyndham Royal Gardens Waikiki Resort on Olahana St? I love great coffee and sitting on porch in rockers.

zuzanne

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

We always go to Honolulu Coffee at the Moana and say hi to Marie.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

Sure, zuzanne ... I'm sure that you'll be in that area anyway.

California
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best coffee in honolulu??

actually, the Honolulu coffee co is right next to the rocking chair at the moana surfrider. you can get it and sit in the chair. it is nice.