We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation

sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation

hi i'm looking for accommodation for 3 adults (3 single beds) in a 4-5star hotel in the centre of the city. any recommendations?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation

You are looking for 3 single beds in 1 room? I don't think you will find this unless you order a rollaway bed into a 2 queen room. I like the Royal Hawaiian, The Moana and the Halekulani.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation

I assume that by "the center of the city" you mean Waikiki. That's where the vast majority of hotels are.

Sure - doable ... But give us your nightly accomodations budget for the room. Sorry, stars aren't much help.

sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation

yes I'm looking at 3 single beds in one room in Waikiki.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation

I've never heard of a hotel that has three single beds in a room. You might find a suite where the couch makes into a bed like the Embassy Suites, but that would be about it.

Condos might be a better bet, but again, it might be a hide-a-bed. Try the Outrigger Regeny, Waikiki Shore, Imperial Waikiki and the Outrigger Luana and see what you can get.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation

The only hotel I know of in Hawaii that has three single beds in one room is the Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel, but that's a 2-1/2 star property that would be very disappointing to someone with 4- or 5-star tastes.

Consider one of the condo buildings at Hilton Hawaiian Village. One is called the "Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at the Hilton Hawaiian Village." There are one or two others whose names I don't know.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation

<<yes I'm looking at 3 single beds in one room in Waikiki.>> You can get queen, queen, twin (or similar to twin) = three. At least that is what we call the sizes here in the US. It would be very confortable.

Again, we need a budget idea.

(If you found a place with three twin beds, it's probably be full of college kids with backpacks!)

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation

Hi

Ive just returned back from staying 9 nights at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. There were three women travelling and we had 2 x double beds and a fold out sofa bed. There was still enough room, the sofa bed was packed up every day by the house cleaner and then I just got it out at night when I went to bed.

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
410 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation

I have stayed at Waikiki Sand Villa in the room that has 3 singles, and it was fine.

Free breakfast, computer room with free internet access, pool.

2 streets from beach, on the canal with good views over the golf course and mountain

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation

Reading as another Aussie female ... I understand that this is 3 females.. and heading to Hawaii.

So to me, that means shopping.... so you've got my full attention now.

So we need a big room ... especially for all those shoppings bags ...

Can I suggest this condo .... it has TWO bedrooms, one room has a king, the other two queens ... (no need for a sofa bed, or futon) ... TWO bathrooms .. 3 girls, need TWO bathrooms ... has a living area/dining area ... you need the space for those suitcases, especially the extra ones that you buy.

And OK it has a kitchen, but it may just come in handy when you come home from shopping to have a night in ...for a change.

The location is on Beachwalk .. so you have heaps of shopping and restaurants within walking distance ... as well as the beach.

This website has photos (not sure why there are two pix of the bedrooms, but maybe they were renovated with new linen and they didn't take the old pix down) ... plus reviews, and a plan of the condo.

The reviews are really good ... and on another website, I saw that they are currently renovating all condos with new carpets, paint and new kitchen bench tops which will be granite... and the jobs should all be finished by October.

http://www.vrbo.com/332900

Hope this helps.

Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodation

The Sheraton have a small amount of triple rooms available ,I think they are called large luxury rooms. They have three double beds, if that is any help.