We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

I've read a lot about the "no bags" policy at the Arizona Memorial, but it isn't clear whether it applies just to the Arizona, or whether it's the rule for the whole of Pearl Harbour.

What is the bag policy for the Missouri, and the other museums?

Thanks!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,690 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

I don't know exactly what the policy is other than for the Arizona, but once I had all my things in pockets I found it most convenient to just leave it there. We weren't parked close enough that I wanted to run to the car and back.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

If I recall correctly from my visit in June it applies to the Missouri as well. You were warned about this before getting on the bus over to the Missouri and the way the guides phrased it made it sound as if they weren't even going to allow the bags from the Pearl Harbor gift shop, but they did.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

You can't bring bags to any of the Pearl Harbor historic sights within the park. Read the security measures section in this link:

www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/index.htm

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

When you check your bags for USS Arizona, just leave them while visiting attractions on Ford Island. Better yet, only take what will fit in your pockets.

SunnySoCAL
Level Contributor
126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

OP- Not sure if you have small children, and thus, travel with a stroller; but I recall them allowing us to bring our stroller (no diaper bag, though) onto the Mighty Mo and the Aviation Museum. This was 2 years ago, so things may have changed since then, however.

Edited: 04 September 2012, 22:36
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

Thanks everyone. It's no big deal, just that I have a bulky camera with a couple of extra lenses. Nothing that a few big pockets won't fix!

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

I just returned home last week. You can't take any bags into the Memorial or the Missouri at all - you will have to leave them at the baggage lockers at the Visitors Centre. I just managed to take my camera and then in my pocket a small purse with some money and my ID.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

During my visit this June, I had a DSLR camera bag. I could take the camera inside but had to leave the bag in the baggage locker at the visitors center. They charge $3 per bag. We used the shuttle bus to visit the Missouri and the avaiation museum, got dropped back at the Pearl Harbour visitor centre, collected by bag before leaving for Waikiki.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 03:59
9. Re: Bags not permitted at Pearl Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 10:17