We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Hello Fellow TA's

Myself, wife and six month old will be in Waikiki from October 17 to the 19th after spending five nights at Turtle Bay resort.

Does anyone know where some good slack key or good Hawaiian Music will be playing in Waikiki on the night of October 17th, 18th or the 19th? (I'm looking for a spot not too upscale and quaint like "House Wihtout a Key" due to the six month old possibly crying a bit.)

I plan on taking the "little one" to Fort DeRussy Beach to watch the Hilton Village Friday Night Firework show, (unless you know a better spot).

Also are they still doing the free Hula Show at Kuhio Beach on Thursday night too?

Thank you in advance.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,880 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Check this link out. I really liked hearing Cyril Pahinui here:

http://www.outrigger.com/~/media/Brochures/Outrigger-Reef-on-the-Beach-Hawaii/Kani-Ka-Pila-Grille-Entertainment-Schedule.pdf

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

That fireworks show is very short. Three minutes? Four? If you are in the area - fine.

Where are you staying? Also - check the Friday edition of the StarAdvertiser and there is a special pull-out with who's playing where ... and special concerts. Also, many of the resorts will have on their websites who is playing what night.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki

I will be sure to grab the Advertiser.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Hula Mound has the free shows Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 6:30 - 7:30 according to Oahu Gold Magazine.

I think it changes to 6:00 - 7:00 in winter. So check the free magazines for the correct times.

You can read several of the free magazines online including the ads & coupons.

On the right side of the page Top Question, Calendar of Events will get you to the magazines & other sources for events.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,494 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

Aloha,

You can check out the Royal Hawaiian Center for free shows Tues.---Sat. at

6:30 pm

royalhawaiiancenter.com/info/entertainment

And like ppffpp said check out Cyril at the Kanikalila Grill at the Outrigger Waikiki

He is usually there on Wed.

After the fireworks, check out Kaukahi at the Kanikapila Grill

Also , a great fire knife dancer is by the Edge Bar at the Sheraton Waikiki at sunset.

Maunalua just stopped playing there, Bobby is one of the best in Slack Key

Have a great time

Aloha

6. Re: Need help: Slack Key Concerts and other suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:16