We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

llikai condo's

adelaide
Level Contributor
165 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
llikai condo's

Hi, can someone assist me, we have booked a 2 bedroom condo apartment with the llikai condos hotel and suites for next late april 2013. As these are owner/opertor, are they clean and comfortable? My husband and i are taking my daughter and my mum so we were looking for an apartment that had cooking and laundry facilities.

As were are getting off a cruise ship,from Honolulu we also need transport to get us to the apartments, any suggestions.

Are they close to everything? . any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: llikai condo's

We stayed at the Ilikai once but it was just a regular room not with kitchen. We found it clean, large n comfy. Not a fantastic pool but u have the lagoon next door or the beach to sit & play on. It is a little further out from the main drag but still very walkable distance. The trolley bus stops outside which u can hop on to get to the main drag if all that sunshine makes u too tired to walk ten/15 minutes ;)

In the other direction, is Ala Moana mall. Less than 10 mins walk. Get the pink trolley back if u are laden with bags! $2 per ride

To get from the ship to hotel, I'd probably just grab a cab. Id expect about $35 for cab fare. Probably less.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
adelaide
Level Contributor
165 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: llikai condo's

thanks Caroline, there a 4 of us plus bags so I might check out any shutte companies at the airport that go do the hotel. Walking doesnt bother us, do it all the time, have walked in asia, so used to heat. What do you mean by - its a little futher out from the drag? Do you mean the restaurant and shops>\?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: llikai condo's

There are some eateries eg. Red Lobster, Maccas on the cheaper end. Nice but more expensive place on top of the Ilikai. There are a couple smaller shops right at the Ilikai but the better area would be on Kalakaua Ave..which i call the main drag or high street or especially for shops, Ala Moana mall. There are also decent eating places there on the top floor and a more casual fast food court on the ground floor. There are good restaurants in the hotels too.

There is a highly recommended shuttle company that I can't think the name of. See f u can search on the forums for shuttles.

Mentioned in this post
Red Lobster
Red Lobster
907 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kalakaua Ave
Kalakaua Ave
130 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
434 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: llikai condo's

Gayleen, We stayed at the Ilikai in a 2 bedroom booked through Aqua resorts in April 2011 (very roomy)so cant speak about privately owned. There is a laundry on each floor, washer and dryer that takes quarters.The cruise terminal is not far, I think 2 cabs may be cheaper than a shuttle ? We used HAWAII23 shuttle to and from for the 6 of us. You are not in the "heart" of Waikiki unfortunately.As Caroline points out the walk into town isnt far and you can do this via the beach or along Kalakaua/Ala Moana blvde.Its at least 10mins, it became a bit of a struggle for our 75 y/o mum however.Thebus and shuttles run from out front very regularly. We are heading back next March having 3 nights at Outrigger and 7 at the Ilikai. I love to split locations.The Ala moana shopping centre is close by and has a great food court as well as amazing shopping .I would walk over most afternoons.The Ilikai has a restaurant downstairs thats quite reasonable and the HHV has huge choices. For a first visit I think up town may have been a better location but the beach up the Ilikai end is much wider.Hope you enjoy your cruise too. FYI you could add 63 to my name too ! Are you heading off for a special birthday too ?

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
adelaide
Level Contributor
165 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: llikai condo's

Thanks heaps gidget, we booked our condo through Waikiki ocean front rentals, so hopefully all is good. Not my 50th in april, later in the year, but when we booked the cruise, we didnt even think about our 50th's in 2013. (my husband turns 50 as well) Not worried about wallking, my mum is a 73 year old energetic person, who still plays tennis.. I was just worried about the accommodation, its hard to look on the net, and you often dont get what is showing. The laundry is one thing that was on my list, coming off a cruise for 17 days, we will need it! My daughter wants to go shopping (15) so hopefully there are great shopping outlets for her. Did you do the Pearl harbour tour and if so can you recommend a good tour operator. A question, why do you believe that uptown would have been closer? is it for the shopping, restaurants or just the nightlife?

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: llikai condo's

There are outlets at Waikele that u may want to visit too. We took the shuttle that leaves from outside the Ilikai. I think it's $5 a person each way.....just a little 12 seater type bus. There were lots of sales on at the Ala Moana mall when we went & we got better prices there as opposed to the outlets. It may depend what u r looking for tho.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: llikai condo's

Try catching "The Bus" to Pearl Harbour... Its $2.50 (i think) PP each way (you will definitely take more than a couple hours there) and lots to look at along the way! Check out "The Bus" website for more info.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
434 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: llikai condo's

Me again,

'I have also rented for next year with Waikiki oceanfront rentals, unit 2108 overlooking the marina, it also gets amazing sunset and city night light views.Glad to hear your Mums in great health she will have as much fun as your daughter ! Waikele outlets arent bad we took Thebus from out front the front desk will tell you which one, same with Pearl Harbour, tour operator isnt required.Ala Moana mall as a short walk toward Honolulu. If you are like me you will probably walk over every 2nd day. If you load up get a bus back no problem. Last time we went was with extended family , we stayed up town for a few days and they preferred the location due to the "closeness of the attractions day and night.Next year is my 3rd trip and as I mentioned I usually split it. The majority of the nightlife/restaurants/shopping is up that end. However the walk uptown will keep you slim ! I hit town 27th March. Thats 25 weeks from today and I cant wait. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: llikai condo's

Hi.....I leave for the Illikai on the 24th Oct. I also have booked a 2 bedroom condo through Waikiki Ocean Front Rentals. Our's is Condo 1609. I stayed in the Illikai Marina 2 years ago. This was situated next door but one to The Illikai. We found the location to be perfect. Next to The Hilton for the Friday night fireworks. Less than a 10 minute walk to Ala Moana shopping centre. We also liked the fact that we weren't in the thick of things. It was nice to go to the busier areas, but a nice retreat to go back to our condo.

As there are 8 adults travelling, I have arranged a Limo (surprise to them) I booked through Dangs Limousines. http://danglimousineservice.com/

If this is your first time to Hawaii...you are going to love it. We do, that's why we are going back.

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,583 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: llikai condo's

We rent unit 2008...LOVE IT. You'll be happy in 2108. The view is spectacular.