We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Parking Near Island Colony

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Parking Near Island Colony

We leave in a week for our trip and I am trying to wrap up the last few details before we go. We have booked a great condo near the top of the Island Colony building. Our condo owner does not have a parking space available, so we need to find a place to park the rental car we have reserved.

Due to discounts we got through USAA it was actually cheaper to book the car for the entire week, so parking will be needed for the entire stay.

I have been doing allot of reading and think I have come up with the 3 best options nearest us:

1. King Kalakaua Plaza - $15 for 24hrs (in/out unknown)

2. Miramar Hotel - $20 a day w/ in/out privileges

3. Waikiki Banyan - $12 a day (looks like a pretty long walk to our condo though so I'm not sure this one is an option)

I also see Ohana Malia and Ohana West at $20 a day, but can't tell if you have to be staying at the hotel to park there. Those are closer to us and might be an option if we can park there.

Could some one verify if I am on the right track? or if there is a better option that I missed? Nov 27 can't come fast enough.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Parking Near Island Colony

Waikiki Banyan is the only one that I know of where you can park there without staying at the hotel.

Some other hotels or condos that do not have parking may have agreements with hotels that do have parking.

You're stuck with either Waikiki Banyan or King Kalakaua Plaza.

Banyan is a little farther than King Kalakaua Plaza, but a few $$ less expensive. And you do have in/out privilege there. It really isn't that far. Banyan also has a weekly parking rate for $72.

I'm not sure if you can park at Mirimar.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Parking Near Island Colony

... are you staying at the Island Colony Resort or at a near by condo? I believe that the Island Colony has a parking garage, inquire there. There is a small parking lot next to the Island Colony on Nohonani Street, inquire there. The Kuhio Mall parking structure, Waikiki Trade Center and many more around Island Colony. What you need to do is upon your arrival, park and walk around the area and check to see what is available and reasonable for you. Miramar is a great place, very convenient, only minutes walk from the Island Colony. Lots of street parking on Ala Wai, need to be lucky and meter parking surrounds the streets around the area.

Good luck, finding a spot you like.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,311 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Parking Near Island Colony

We are staying there in December and the condo owners told us it is $25 per day. We were there a few years ago and the other condo had a pass, but nothing is reserved.

4. Re: Best Parking Near Island Colony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:17