We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Tour

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Tour

Hello,

Wanting to do a Pearl Harbor tour and wanting to know if this company is any good?

http://www.pearlharboroahu.com/

Any recommendations for a tour company that picks up from wakiki hotel and already has your tickets reserved?

Thank you in advance.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,226 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

You don't really need a tour. You can take the bus for $2.50 a person ... and make your own Arizona Memorial reservations for $1.50 (or something close to that).

If you are on a tour, they will dictate your timing - and there is ALOT to see at Pearl Harbor.

If I were going to take a tour, I would use Roberts. There are many tour companies large and small that can take you to Pearl Harbor and back. Some include other sights.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

As BLBL said, you can make your own reservations for USS Arizona Memorial now for $1.50 each. (second choice on link below)

If you want headphones with the USS Arizona Memorial Tour (third choice on link below)

You can also reserve a Passport to Pearl Harbor Tour which gives you one day for all four Pearl Harbor Museums. (fourth choice on list below)

www.recreation.gov/tourList.do…

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

Pearl Harbor and Arizona Memorial are basically free. No need to pay a fee for driving you out there and bringing you back.

As BLBL and dusty have said, take the bus and reserve your tickets on line for a small fee.

Walk to the bus is close from any of the Waikiki area hotels.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Oregon
Level Contributor
332 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

Just thought I would add my consensus to those above. My husband and I will be on Oahu Dec. 8-15, and I recently discovered that they have a special narrated boat tour running Dec. 5-9 in Pearl Harbor. I went to the recreation.gov site mentioned above, and easily made reservations for that and a timed entry for the Arizona Memorial. Reserving in advance does cost $1.50 per ticket per site, but you get the peace of mind knowing that you won't have to wait in line.

I've spent a lot of time researching bus lines and schedules, which you can find at TheBus.org. Bus 42 (as well as 20) takes you right to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center parking lot. Either $2.50 (exact change) with a free transfer (if you ask for it, to be used within 2 hours), or a 4 day unlimited bus pass is $25.

We're spending a week on Oahu and not planning on taking any tours nor renting a car, just going on TheBus. No hassles with driving, parking, or worrying about break-ins at beach parking lots, etc.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

"We're spending a week on Oahu and not planning on taking any tours nor renting a car, just going on TheBus. No hassles with driving, parking, or worrying about break-ins at beach parking lots, etc."

You should rethink not renting a car for at least a couple of days.

You can see the island much better with a car.

You can go places the bus cannot.

You will waste many hours on the bus vs car rental.

Renting a car vs taking the bus and other public transportation will not significantly add to your total expense.

cgater
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

I have limited time on Oahu ( 3days) on oone of the days I have a scheduled parasail ride from xtreme parasail scheduled for 1pm ( i can change it ). The last Pearl Harbor tour is at 230. How far is xtreme parasail from pearl harbor..how much time do i have to allot to finish the parasailing and get to the scheduled slot. I have a rental car. Can I do a 1 oclock parasail and 230 pearl harbour? Or do I need to do a 12 oclock?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

I agree with the others on getting the Bus to Pearl Harbor. I did a tour the first time and realised it was free to get in and was ripped off. I've been back 3 more times and always on The Bus ... sure it takes a bit longer, but you get to see metropolitan Honolulu, which I enjoy seeing. The Bus takes between 45mins to an hour .. so allow for that ...

Remember to be there an hour before to get your numbered ticket for the movie and boat ride out to the memorial. Otherwise they will give it to someone else. There is a museum, shop and cafe to see while you wait for your tour number. To get the Bus back to Waikiki, or downtown, it's on the main road just to the left of the entry. Easy, when you know how.

AND, don't forget, they are very strict with security... you can only take a small camera and small wallet ... otherwise you have to store any other items.

You can also visit the USS Bowfin (submarine) and the USS MIssouri while there .. so it really is a full day.

As for hiring a car, yes do so for a day or two to explore the rest of the island at your own leisure. Pali Lookout, Tantalus Drive, (for the views), Dole Pineapple (for the pineapple whip), Haleiwa and the north shore, Turtle Bay, (maybe lunch overlooking the ocean at the hotel) the beautiful drive down the windward coast, the Byodo Temple .. all really fabulous places to visit. Here's some websites.

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

…about.com/od/oahusights/ss/tantalus.htm

http://www.ussmissouri.com/

http://www.byodo-in.com/

http://www.dole-plantation.com/

http://www.gonorthshore.org/

http://www.matsumotoshaveice.com/

http://www.turtlebayresort.com/

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

"The last Pearl Harbor tour is at 230. How far is xtreme parasail from pearl harbor..how much time do i have to allot to finish the parasailing and get to the scheduled slot. I have a rental car. Can I do a 1 oclock parasail and 230 pearl harbour? Or do I need to do a 12 oclock?"

Xtreme Parasail goes out from Kewalo Basin.

Kewalo Basin is near Waikiki. It is on the opposite side of Ala Moana Beach Park. So two miles or so from the center of Waikiki.

I am only guessing that the parasail tour takes about an hour (maybe 1 1/2 hours). So a noon tour would get over at 1pm - 1:30pm.

It takes just less than an hour to get to Pearl Harbor by bus from that location.

You have to pick up USS Arizona Memorial tickets an hour before the tour. So 1:30 for a 2:30 tour.

If you start the parasail tour at noon, you would never make it to Pearl Harbor by 1:30 to get your reserved tickets.

You could take a chance of getting tickets (only a limited number are reserved) by just walking up. There may be tickets available or they may have already been given out.

Tours start every 15 minutes. The last tour is at 3pm (the last tour you can make reservations for is 2:30pm).

There is plenty to see at Pearl Harbor even if you don't get tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

Thank you everyone :) Really appreciated.

I have visited the website where you reserve tickets and I see there is a passport to pearly harbour where everything is included - I think this might be a good option for us :) What does everyone think?

"One-Day Passport Option: A one-day Passport to Pearl Harbor allows you to visit all four Pearl Harbor Historic Sites and includes admission to: the USS Arizona Memorial with Audio Tour , to the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, and the Pacific Aviation Museum."

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour

If you like museums it may be worthwhile.