We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Hi there. Can anyone recommend a night spot for a group of late 30 and 40 year olds who like live bands that play 80's and top 40? A dance floor would be great as well. Thanks!!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

I am bumping this up since I would like to know too( tad older then you , but not much, lol ) , we enjoy spending an evening at Dukes, but theres no dancing etc. there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Would also like to know........

Thanks

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Waikiki is real good for acoustic listening music, dukes, the royal hawaiian mai tai bar, hula grill, edge bar at the sheraton, jimmy buffetts plus others. There are places all over and the singers tend to be really good.

They also have a couple places that get a lot of young people and play more rock music, Rumfire at the sheraton is really nice and yardhouse gets a big crowd.

For some reason they do not have a lot of places for dancing, the Hyatt does this thing on saturday nights, I think some weekend nights you might find dancing at Jimmy Buffetts or the Hard Rock. One place that is more of a dive bar, but can be really fun is Nashville Waikiki on Kuhio. They get a lot of local girls and those hunky military home sick types.

They also have late night clubs on Kuhio, but I can never make it that late, plus they want you to wear long pants and shoes, so forget it for me. They get a lot of the asian visitors.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

We really enjoyed Moose McGillycuddy's last year. Can't remember the name of the band that was playing but we did our fair share of dancing :)

Met a great bunch of people too!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,857 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

I have never been anywhere like what you describe. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist I've just never heard about or seen it in several trips to Waikiki.

I've heard lots ofwonderful live music but of the Hawaiian style. I usually hang out at the various hotel bars that are open air and overlook the beach. Hula's is the club I hear the most about, but it doesn't fit what you seek either.

suze

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

I've never heard of any place like that in Hawaii.

If any such thing exists, it would more likely be a locals thing than a tourist thing. So I would turn to the newspaper for info like that. Here's the Star Advertiser's "Pulse" site: http://www.honolulupulse.com/

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Bummer. It's ironic our favourite place that checks all the boxes above is in Malaysia, and is called Waikiki! haha.

Anyway, will check out Duke's and RumFire as they sound close enough.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Aloha,

If you have the time check out Rumours Nightclub at the Ala Moana Hotel, right outside Waikiki.

www.yelp.com/biz/rumours-nightclub-honolulu

Brings back the Disco days for sure

Aloha

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

Irish Rose Saloon.....

On Ena Road, upstairs, right behind the 7-11.

Live classic (70s to mid-90s) rock music, large dance floor, reasonable drinks, good folks, fun place and no cover charge.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun club/lounge for 30 and 40 somethings...

How is Gordon Biersch?