We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please look at my hotel options

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami FL
Level Contributor
445 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Please look at my hotel options

Hello again

I want to book a back up hotel for May, goal is to get pre tax rate of 150

My current options :

Hilton Waikiki (not HHV)

Hyatt Regency

Marriott

Which is the best option of these 3?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please look at my hotel options

My sister and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in September. We loved it, close to everything and across the road from the beach!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please look at my hotel options

I would go Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton in that order. Hyatt has a great location and I like the Marriott's next.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,403 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please look at my hotel options

Can you get a pretax rate of $150 at these hotels? I'm surprised if you can at the Hyatt or the Marriott.

If you can, let me know where you found them. I'm going in May and would love to get under $150 for the Hyatt !!

Thanks

Miami FL
Level Contributor
445 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please look at my hotel options

No I cant, I mean that I hope that i can get them (or something similar) for 150 as it gets closer but this is my back up

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,403 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please look at my hotel options

I seriously doubt that you will find the Marriott or the Hyatt at that price. I don't know about the Hilton because I have never watched prices for that hotel. I still would be surprised if it was that low.

One hotel that I have seen for that range, although I can not recommend it because I have never stayed there, is the Pacific Beach. It is across the street from the beach and accessible to all of Waikiki by walking. The reviews are not great but I can't speak about it personally.

I guess I'm confused as to why you need a "back-up." Do you have a booking at another hotel and afraid of losing those for some reason?

Please explain.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,620 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please look at my hotel options

My favorite on your list is the Hyatt. That's a great hotel in a great location. I'd be real surprised if you can get it for $150 though.

suze

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please look at my hotel options

I'd go with the Hyatt, but I agree that you will not be able to book it at that price. Plus don't forget the high parking fees.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,218 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please look at my hotel options

Hyatt Regency hands down.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please look at my hotel options

Don't forget the resort fee, too - apparently it goes up from $18 to $25 per day on January 1, 2013.

Miami FL
Level Contributor
445 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please look at my hotel options

Thank you all

@placebets - This is my first time in Hawaii but i was hoping to maybe use hotwire or priceline to secure a 4 star hotel as we get closer (one of these hotels in the $200 range are my back up in case the deal never appears)

I will also look into the Pacific Beach

I hope that makes sense!!