We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Is this store by itself or part of a mall? If other stores are nearby, where can I get a definitive store list? I realize there's lots of shopping in the area but it'd be nice to know what's there before I arrive. I'll be staying at the Beachcomber and just wondering if there's more than just Macy's.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Macy's is not in a mall per se. It's one of many storefronts on Kalakaua and neighboring streets. It doesn't look like the kind of facility that has a management company that provides a store directory -- more like they're all just individual tenants.

Just across the street, the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center has a directory http://www.royalhawaiiancenter.com/. And there's another shopping center/collection of stores somewhere right in that area.

So I don't know how to find out before you go what's in the same block as Macy's, except to work backwards -- think of brands you're interested in -- Armani Exchange, Diesel, Cartier, Coach, Guess, etc., and search for them (for example on Google Maps).

Pretty much every upscale brand I can think of is walking distance from Macy's. I just don't know where you'll find a list of them.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Check out the store list for Ala Moana Mall... http://alamoanacenter.com/ Shopping heaven for many...food court is pretty good too!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Try Google Maps Street View and have a look around the area.

Houston
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Best I can tell, Macys is on the lower level of the hotel. I know there are other stores off the street, but dont think all together like you mean. (or at least I think thats what you mean). Im going in Feb, and staying at the Holiday Inn too, so will check it out! Dot

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Thanks everyone! I only have a few days in Waikiki before going to another island. I just wanted to plan a shopping day effectively. Sounds like I'll be doing a lot of wandering. I hate it when you get back home and find out there was an XYZ store in town that I would have gone to if I knew it was there.

And yes DalTX, I was kinda hoping Having Macy's in the hotel meant they were an anchor tenant in a larger mall.

Edited: 31 December 2012, 03:56
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

That's a very, very small Macy's. If you are serious about shopping, go to the Ala Moana (shopping) center. Giant Macy's there - and a ton of other shops and some good restaurants as well. Short cab ride or take the bus.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

I agree, if you want to do big shopping, you're best to go to Ala Moana shopping centre. ;-) We got lots of bargains there last week!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Agree with the other posters. Macy's tiny. Ala Moana shopping centre a much better option for shopping opportunities. Enjoy your trip.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

Waikiki is a huge shopping mall dotted with a couple of hotels, restaurants and a beach !!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,336 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Macy's by Wakiki Beachcomber

That Macy's is a convenient location but very small (as people said above). The other stores along that street are the fancy designer brand ones mostly.

If you want to really *shop* head to Ala Moana mall.

suze