We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aukland
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour

If we aren't able to get tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial Tour can we still go and have look around the other options?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,598 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour

Yes you can still go to the other monuments and look through the musuem at Pearl Harbor. Also, the USS Bowfin (submarine) and the USS Missouri (battleship) are close by and can be toured for a fee.

I can't imagine that you would not be able to get tickets if you book in advance.

Also, you can still try to get tickets for the Arizona memorial once you get to Pearl by standing in line.

Have a great tip.

Aloha

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour

Get the tickets in advance.... You will pay a $1.50 booking fee, and when you get there, you hand in your voucher for tickets to the movie and boat ride out to the memorial. I can't understand why you wouldn't want to do it all while you are there ...

Heres' the website to pre-book your allotment time.

www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.do…

You must be there an hour beforehand, or your movie/boat ride tickets will go to someone else if you are not there in time. During that hour while you wait, you can visit the shop, museum and cafe.

There is a charge for the Missouri and the Bowfin....

http://www.ussmissouri.com/

It really is worth the visit to the whole complex and I know you will enjoy it.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour

Absolutely!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbour

Yes yes yes!!! ;-)

As Eaglemaniac said, prebook the USS Arizona in advance and pay a $1.50 booking fee.

We went on the USS Missouri last week and thought it was a beautiful ship! Definitely worth checking out. :)

Happy planning!!

Aukland
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbour

Thanks all. Wasn't able to pre-book as didn't know when we could go and now we can there is nothing available until next Tuesday. We will probably wait and book to go next week.

Thanks again.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbour

Wow, things have changed even since we were there last in Nov 2011. At that time , if you wanted tickets for the Arizona you had to get out there early and line up. Tickets were first come first serve and you couldn't choose your times! I will definitely reserve online for my husband and son for when we are there at the end of March. Question though: what shuttle services are available? They are planning to go to all of the sites but the package with Roberts is $110 online for transportation and all 4 sites- way more than the $55 for the Passport on the recreation.gov site online. Hubby doesn't want to rent a car or take the bus. Looking to book the Passport and transportation separately, any suggestions?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,598 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbour

Why doen't he want to take the bus?

It is about as convenient as a tour (which is probably a bus too), it is cheap $2.50, it is convenient (catch it on Kuhio just a short walk from most places) and it is comfortable.

Can't beat it for the cost.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbour

I can recommend VIP Trans Pearl Harbour shuttle for $9.99 round trip. It takes as least 30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Or as mentioned above, get The Bus - it is an inexpensive way to get there and back to Waikiki.

Good luck!!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbour

I think he's opposed to the bus because of all the stops and length of time it would take. Thanks for the recommendation for VIP trans js4rq....... I think I'll book with them.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbour

I just reserved my tickets for Pearl Harbor for June 2013. I checked last week and they weren't available yet. They are posted now.