We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miramar waikiki hotel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
miramar waikiki hotel

Am thinking of booking the miramar hotel. Hasa anyone stayed there and what were your thoughts about this resort. Thank you.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

You have other options. Let's see if others have stayed there recently. As another almost identical post in the last hour has said - the Miramar is scheduled for demolition, but we don't know when. It begs the question of how well-kept the place is. That aside, it is old and funky. Very, very noisy location.

Edited: 17 January 2013, 18:27
Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

We have stayed there 7 times over the past 9 years, the latest being Oct 2012. We would go back time and time again and hope the demolition does not happen. Perfect location , have never found it noisy, always clean and welcoming. Ask for high Oceanview room and you will not be disappointed.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,137 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

Well we stayed there once, admittedly many years ago, but noise was most certainly not an issue for us as we had a very high floor with an amazing view of Waikiki beach,, so my advice is to be sure to request a high up room. At the time we stayed there I thought it was fine, large room, mini fridge etc. but as I said its likely worn out now,, ( since it was many years ago that I stayed there) but can only attest to great view and no noise on high floor , which wouldn't have changed

Level Contributor
125 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

Aloha! Stayed here with family and we had a pool view. Decor needed updating but had basic amenities. Decently priced and it had its own parking area. Nice little balcony with seating area and nice view of pool. Not bad at all! Oh yeah, unless there is construction going on or paper-thin walls it was actually a pretty quiet stay!

Edited: 14 March 2013, 07:48
Seattle
Level Contributor
44,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

I've looked at it but always found something that seemed better to me, a little nicer, a little cheaper, whatever. I used to stay at Hawaiiana Hotel (unforutnately now closed). I like Waikiki Sand Villa and Hawaiian King. I want to try in the future Royal Grove, The Breakers, and White Sands.

suze

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

Schedule to be torn down. From recent posts, it looks like it will be closing this summer.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

As of today, no announcement of closing and The Hotel Miramar will stay open until further official notice. When an announcement is made, the hotel will not just pack up and disappear. It takes alot to close and demolish the Hotel Miramar and surrounding business to include the IMP and The Wave.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

The Wave Waikiki is not part of the IMP redevelopment project as of this late date....

Although on land leased from QEL (the owners of IMP) it has many years left on its term. Discussions to possibly include the property did not come to pass

The owners of The Miramar are working closely with QEL and the IMP developers to operate until the last possible (and currently unknown) date.

And, they are trying to acquire the Ohana Waikiki West lease from QEL to move across the street into a facility they would fully renovate.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 04:39
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

Aloha,

Seems like there are lots of demolition rumors floating around the island.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: miramar waikiki hotel

Mahalo, Amberloo for clarifying and now maybe, some of the rumors will rest until further announcements are made on the demolition.