We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

We can only afford a Partial View room at this hotel. Is it better to have a lower floor (only ones available) in Ocean Tower or a higher floor in the Pacific Tower?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

Understand that a "partial (ocean - right?) view room" is rarely worth the money. You may need to crane your neck or hang from the balcony - but hotels still call them "partial ocean." From looking at the photo attached, it's tough to see where any room would have a decent "partial ocean" view.

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-island…

I think I would opt for the Ocean Tower. No street noise.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

I'd settle for one looking right at the Waikiki Shore right now. Seriously, I'd try to get one in the Ocean tower. You'd be closer to a water view. If I remember correctly, #514 was a great room, smallish but great for two people.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki Shore
Waikiki Shore
735 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/…rooms-amenities

I'm not sure if this will open ... but I don't see any water.

Dallas
Level Contributor
24,900 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

Look at the Outrigger Waikiki. You can get a decent view of a slice of the water and beach very comfortably sitting on your lanai.

Look at the pics I took from a city view room last time we were there to give you an idea of what you can see. I guessing it is at least as good as the POV rooms at Outrigger Reef, and probably cheaper.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

In my personal experience, when we have booked part ocean view, we find the rooms overlooking the pool to be smaller than the ones overlooking the park. I dont like the view from poolside rooms looking at the side of the next hotel. If u get a room , park side , not too far forward, you will get a view of the park, beach & sunset over the ocean. Don't be afraid to ask for alternate rooms available if u don't like what they give you. Last time they gave us keys to check out other rooms, when we asked nicely. It is a nice hotel. We love it. We also have enjoyed the waikiki shore apts next door which have a similar view to the park side rooms at the hotel.

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

Those lower floor partial ocean view rooms in the Ocean Tower overlook an area where there are frequent weddings & receptions, parties etc. I would think the noise might bother you, if you like to keep your lanai door open. I think the views are blocked by an adjacent building. I've only stayed in the ocean view ones and found the added cost worth it. By the way, you normally don't get to choose your tower, you can only make a request, no guarantees.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

Go for the ocean tower, we stayed in a beautiful room in the ocean tower, we had a great view and we were very pleased. The pacific tower is further away from the water, but you do get very nice pool views. I would go for the ocean tower.

8. Re: rooms Outrigger Reef on the Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 07:18