We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Arriving on Saturday evening 9th March and can't wait! So I've decided to start a little waiting area. I've been lurking in this forum for 4 months now. This is our first visit to Hawaii!

Flying: Air New Zealand, bcoz (1) using some airpoints (2) Hawaiian Airlines doesn't start the AKL-HI route till a week later.

Staying: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. 7N Seems to be in a good accessible area and looking forward to Dukes/Hula Grill when we are too lazy to venture far. Don't think a Waikiki holiday is worth splashing on for accommodation or would have chosen Halekulani.

Here's our lazy itinerary:

Sunday- Tiffany & Co. [Picking up something important!]& Ala Moana Shopping [Can't wait to shop at Williams-Sonoma and Neiman Marcus!]

Monday- AM USS Arizona- will be booking a Robert's tour as taxi fares are pretty pricey. I would like to see the memorial only so a short trip will do.

Tuesday- Relax day

Wednesday- AM Snorkel Hanauma Bay- will book a transfer via Robert's tour.

Thursday- Relax day

Friday- AM Hawaii Nautical Turtle & Whale snorkel sail- to be booked! Dinner booked- Alan Wong's

Saturday- Relax day, off to airport in evening.

We were also planning to do the Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tour, but after sending our will drafts off to the lawyer decided against it. Have to act responsibly for our 3 fur-kids who are incidentally why we haven't had a holiday in the past 2 years!

Did I mention?- I can't wait! >_<!

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Wonderful itinerary. You're going to have a blast.

One thing to consider, though: It would be great if you could see the North Shore and maybe also the windward coast. They're very different from the areas where you plan to be -- and SO beautiful!. Maybe look for tours that will take you to Waimea Valley and/or just a basic North Shore tour?

Also: Are fur-kids furry kids? As in pets? Lord knows I love my pets, but when I think about the dangers of a helicopter tour, my own precious butt ranks a wee bit higher on my priority list. : )

You're going to have a great time! Enjoy!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

U r going to have a great time!

R ur fur kids going to their grandparents house or to a pet holiday villi age?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Hey BeacheeMe :)

The heli tour was suppose to give me the overview of the island including North Shore without having to spend ages in car/bus! Thanks for the tip thou, I'll have a hunt around to see if there are any short North Shore tours. I did want to visit Waimea Bay till I read about the strong currents - I'm a terribly weak swimmer.

Yes fur-kids - 3 ragdoll cats, 2 yr old girl, 1 yr old boy and currently 2 mth old boy!

Hey Bubkitkat :)

Thanks! They are going to stay at their breeder's house. Grandparent's are a bit lax with doors and they are indoor-only cats. Outdoors on a leash only.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Ok... so am I the only one who wants to know what the "important thing" you are picking up at Tiffany's is?! LOL

Do tell..... I can keep a secret :)

Edited: 24 January 2013, 01:16
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

HawaiiGirl08, Hope I'm not jinxing it by talking about it!

It's currently still in "request to transfer to Waikiki store" mode.

Anxiously awaiting in transit/in Waikiki/ PAID modes!

It's an e-ring :D I get to choose but I still have to wait for the proposal afterwards LOL...

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Woohoooo!!!!

Now THAT is definitely my idea of "important"!!!

All the best!!

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
291 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Ohhh how exciting! And romantic! Have a wonderful holiday and let's hope the proposal is everybit as exciting!

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Not Waimea Bay. Waimea Valley. It's across the street from Waimea Bay beach but it's a beautiful botanical garden with an easy hike to a natural waterfall (Waimea Falls). It's the kind of stuff you could miss if you limit yourself to just one side of the island.

Plus, there are a whole bunch of stunning emerald green mountain ranges when you start heading away from the south side -- truly some of the great beautiies of Oahu lie that-a-way.

And remember, you could always jump on a bus to those places. Takes longer, but worth the time if you have it.

Just something to keep in mind!

: )

Melbourne
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

Confession:

The real bubskitkat is my 6 month old ragdoll kitten called Lily. She is a by colour in blue.

She is the mist beautiful cat! Not only is she pretty with a beautiful coat but the ragdoll personality is amazing they are so loving, such a member of the family and so playful.

No wonder you have not been away for a while.

When we go to hawaiii nannie Kitkat will be babysitting her fur grand kittens.

Your breeder sounds brilliant.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't wait to get there! "Waiting area"

We are also staying at the outrigger Waikiki on the beach due to the location being totally brilliant.