We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best first class eats

Delaware
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best first class eats

My wife and I are in the planning stages of planning a trip to Hawaii in late Sept 13 or first of Oct 13 Looking for the best lie flat seat in first class Any suggestions as to the best airline

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best first class eats

I'm afraid I don't know. But seatguru.com has a lot of that info. A great resource!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best first class eats

You're not going to get a lot of lie flats eats to Hawaii. The best one we took was on delta from Atlanta straight thru to Honolulu. We did it on our honeymoon and it was really great. Most of the other airlines (AA and United specifically) you will generally get flat bed to the west coast and then basic recliner seats from CA to the islands. Again delta is e only airline I know that will fly from the islands with flat bed service and even that is usually just from Honolulu. We have yet to top our delta flight experience in flat bed.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best first class eats

Having a giggle with your typo! First class eats??

We never fly first class to Hawaii from the west coast. Not worth the extra bucks - for seats or eats. Flat or otherwise,

From the east? Others will have to chime in here.

Edited: 26 January 2013, 03:35
Canada
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best first class eats

It's all about the equipment....A330.... Or ....767 for best seating. These are usually offered on the longer routes. Most west coast flights(if you are connecting) will offer the rather dismal 757.

Gotta love a typo...Can't go wrong with 1st class eats either...for that matter.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,088 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best first class eats

We fly on American out of Dallas. The first class seats on the 767 direct flights don't lie completely flat, but are close to that.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best first class eats

It does depend on the aircraft being used...

We flew United's non stop flight (Flt# 15) from Newark to Honolulu on First Class in December, our seats were great but didn't recline totally flat.

Our kids flew the same flight a week later and their seats were completely flat... different video monitors, different food, everything!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best first class eats

I'm interesting in learning about that Delta direct flight with the flatbed seating from ATL to Honolulu. When did you go? Was really 'flat' to 180 degrees?

Can you tell me the flight number and time of day?

It's really important for us to get the flatbed since my husband uses a wheelchair and won't be able to move around once on the plane - at least he can lay flat and sleep and find some comfort (in theory).

Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best first class eats

sandy, this thread is a year old. Maybe try sending a pm (private message) and/or start a new thread.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best first class eats

Good catch. Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best first class eats

ghhjr - You may want to post this question on the Maui Forum or the generic State of Hawaii Forum. The Honolulu Forum is a busy one ... but you would get additional feedback from the others.