We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12th-19th of February 2013

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
12th-19th of February 2013

Aloha we we are a Sydney couple heading to Honolulu for the first time, Ive done 1000's of hours research on what to do and where to save. Ive got the basics covered like Pearl harbour, Swap meet, luau, shopping outlets, hotel, shuttle bus etc booked. Is there any other couples heading there in this time? have you found any exciting tours or off the beaten track things to do? Can't wait!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Have a wonderful time. Are you heading to the North Shore at all? There's quite a few tours of driving instructions for getting around. Worth it to see other parts of Oahu.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 00:24
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Go to Malaekahana Park and wade to Goat Island. Kinda cool.

Take a Glider ride at Dillingham Airfield.

Sunset catamaran sail from Waikiki Beach.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Great ideas guys cheers! The goat island one sounds interesting, ill google that one. We are going to rent a car & head for the shore, glad to hear there are some driving tours available. Then again we don't mind if we get lost, that's half the fun :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Hi! We are a Melbourne couple going exactly the same dates :) we are staying at Sheraton Waikiki. Can't wait!

Horse riding on the beach at turtle bay sounds like fun, snorkelling at electric bay (if its not too rough) - apparently the spinner dolphins hang around there and it's pretty warm in the water. Def doing a trip to the north shore to watch some surfing. Which luau are you doing? Last time we went to one at the hotel we stayed at in Maui (Grand Wailea) and it was excellent.

Have fun!!

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Hi AleeKAt! Awesome its nearly time for out holidays!! Ive been told Snorkeling at Waimea bay is also pretty good. We still havnt booked the Luau but i think we are settling on The chiefs Luau, have you booked one yet? We are renting a car for one day and doing the north shore driving tours.

We actually fly in on the 9th of Feb but going to the big island first to explore the volcanos. Have you been there before?

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Oh and we are staying at The Outrigger waikiki on the beach right near you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

we did a day trip to Kailua for kayaking which i thought was brilliant!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Awesome! We are thinking chiefs luau also, if we decide to go to one this time :)

Our hotels are the perfect location - so close to everything (but very busy)! Enjoy your trip to the big island!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

One of you may want to post on the Oahu Forum and ask about the Chief's Luau. The comments I have heard had not been very good ...

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 12th-19th of February 2013

Thanks BLBL, I have finally made my decision and booked a Luau. Every review of any Luau has its bad points and good points. Some seem far too expensive and way too long. I went to book Chiefs Luau and it seemed to have increased in price since I last checked So we have taken a risk and doing Germaines Luau. Ive read many mixed reviews about this one but the laid back style is more our thing so hopefully we have made the right choice.