We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
343 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

Has anyone tried staying at the Central YMCA? Are the rooms OK? I know there is no A/C, so was wondering if the rooms are comfortable in the Summer?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

Only if your a Village Person

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,319 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

Just click on the link that now shows in your own thread and it will take you to TA's reviews section and you can read for yourself what people have to say (not so favorable).

My comment would be, I don't like the location. For a low-budget place to stay I'd pick one of the Waikiki hostels near the beach instead.

suze

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

Well, I don't know about the YMCA. But I do know that Honolulu summers are much more comfortable than noncoastal areas of Los Angeles.

In Pasadena, where I am, we'd drop dead in the summer without a/c. But in Honolulu, as long as you've got windows that offer a good breeze, you'll be much more comfortable than you would in L.A. proper.

4. Re: Is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:19