We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking restaurants

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Booking restaurants

My friend and I are keen to eat tea (evening meal) at House Without a Key and Roy's in early June, . Should we book ? If so, what is the best time? Planning for Roy's on our last night and HWAK maybe after a day at Ala Moana.

I am planning on Lulu's one other night (staying at the hotel) and am assuming we shouldn't have to book ahead for that?

Thank you

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking restaurants

If you have certain restaurants where you definitely want to eat, then definitely make reservations. June is a busy month. Why take a chance on not getting the places or times you want? You can always cancel if your plans change.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking restaurants

>>evening meal) at House Without a Key and Roy's in early June,<<

Yes, go ahead and make reservations. remember though, HWAK does not take reservations.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,857 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking restaurants

The House Without a Key doesn't take reservations but if you get there early enough it shouldn't matter.

Roy's does take reservations just be sure you get the right one, there are three Roy's on Oahu. If you have a car, I'd choose the Hawaii Kai location which is the original Roy's and I still think the best of their restaurants.

PS here is a great tool for booking restaurants in Hawaii and the US.

http://www.opentable.com/hawaii-restaurants

Edited: 18 February 2013, 14:59
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking restaurants

Reservations at Lulu's? I doubt they take them, but it's worth a try. I'd go to Duke's Barefoot Bar instead!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking restaurants

Thanks everyone. Going to Duke's another night, just have big day one day and Lulu's is in my hotel = easy night.

6. Re: Booking restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:17