We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherwood park...
Level Contributor
558 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

Have some great ideas for Thai, Korean, and Ramen......how about best bang for your buck Sushi?

Thanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

>>>best bang for your buck Sushi<<<

Best bang for the buck is a real judgment call, I don't skimp on sushi usually, here are some places to check out. You can check them on Yelp or Chowhound.

Imanas Tei, Tokkuri-Tei, Miyabi Sushi, Morio's Sushi Bistro, Mitch's Fish Market, Sushi Izakaya Gaku, Yohei Sushi Restaurant, Kona Kai, Yanagi Sushi and Sushi ii.

Sushi Izakaya Gaku and Morio's are my favorites, TA HNL restaurant guru Amberloo favors Sushi ii.

If you want Japanese beyond sushi look at Ichiriki, Yaki Yaki Miwa, Jinroku and Okonomiyaki Chibo.

I answered Korean and Thai in your other thread on Thai. Do you get any Vietnamese in Alberta? If not, give a try to Pho Bistro 2, Pho Minh Thu or Pho to Chau (lunch only).

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

I was at Pho To Chau a few weeks ago. I find that they are not as good as before.

The posted opening hour is 8:30, but they open when they are ready, which typically is closer to 9. Note that they close when they run out of the broth.

They sometimes decide to not open for a day but do not post that on their door to alert customers. You just get there and they are not open and there are no signs telling you anything.

They now put in a lot more noodles in their bowl so there are a lot less soup. Let's face it, the key of the pho is in the soup, I'm not there to just get filled up with noodles, I want more soup like they did before.

They now charge close to $10 for the largest bowl, which just a couple of years ago was about $7. So it is no longer the value it used to be.

The only saving grace is that they still provide the most amount of veggies for you to put in your pho.

Hmm... now that I wrote this all out I might as well post it to the review section as well.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

In my opinion, the best bang for your buck sushi place would be Imanas Tei. Seem like the prices were very good for the excellent quality. Never been disappointed there.

4. Re: Best bang for your buck Sushi restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:16