We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here we go again

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Here we go again

We returned after 3 weeks- 2 in Waikiki and 1 in Kaanapali. Since our return 2 weeks ago, we have had one storm after another, blizzard, snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, we have it all. Another one is moving in tonight.

I got so disgusted, I got on the net and made my reservations for January 15, next year. I have my reservations at the Moana Surfrider, and The Westin Resort on Maui.

We will fly again (CID)-ORD-HNL, non stop direct. The return from Maui is not as convenient, OGG-SFO-ORD. I like the terminal 3 of SFO, it is clean,not too crowded, has sme decent food outlets.

At least I can look out the window watch the white stuff and pretend it is white sand of Kaanapali beach!

Dubuque, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Here we go again

I'm from Dubuque and my wife and I are getting ready for our first trip to Hawaii. We leave in May. We're really looking forward to it. The white stuff should all be gone by then though.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here we go again

Have a great trip, I know, you will. Is this your first trip to the paradise?

Dubuque is a fine city, we have been there many times.Galena is another draw of course.Whe my daughter was in law school, she interned one summer at one of the law firms in Dubuque.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here we go again

But you have a great avatar ...

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here we go again

I just spent a wonderful week in San Juan, Puerto Rico, returned to a day of unseasonably warm Los Angeles weather, and can't wait to go back ... to Hawaii.

We chose Puerto Rico because we wanted a location convenient for meeting up with some East Coast friends. It was a great choice and a great time, but nothing can match the magic of Hawaii.

Point being: It's not just the weather calling you back. It's an addiction.

I suspect someday someone will start 12-step program for people like you and me. Let's not join it!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here we go again

My husband and I are returning to Hawaii in April for our 4th visit. I also believe it to be an addiction. Whenever we consider visiting a new place, we change our minds and decide to go back to Hawaii!! Just can't seem to help ourselves...no 12-step program for me either!!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here we go again

@freerider, I would have thought you would want to go earlier to get away from your weather. Doesn't it start to get nice in April?

I wouldn't join the 12 steps either. Have my condo booked for next May, couldn't swing it this year. Alberta bound for three weeks in July to visit family and celebrate our 30th anniversary.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here we go again

If I have counted correctly, this coming September will be visit #23.

It's not so much the wonderful climate, as that can vary widely depending on when you come and where you stay. You can get many great sunny days or a lot of rain and wind at times. (But we love to face into the rain/warm wind and absorb the pleasure of it.)

No, it's more the magical feel of the place, it's natural beauty, it's people, their attitudes, their foods, and their melding together in paradise.

12 steps? Pffttt!

Wait! I think I've got it BeacheeMe! You and I and Roberta can start up a 12 step program for those lost souls who require it - and use the proceeds to finance our trips to Hawaii!

Others can join in, especially anyone who actually has any counseling skills. K?

Al~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: 06 March 2013, 07:12
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here we go again

@delygirl...yes, it does start to get nice here in April, but my reasoning is - tough out the winter and reward in the spring, with nice weather to come home to (hopefully). Congrats on your anniversary :)

@AlandRoberta...23 trips to Hawaii?! Love it, hope we can get to that number someday.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here we go again

Well, at least is was a great excuse to schedule yet another

trip! : )

Edited: 06 March 2013, 17:48
10. Re: Here we go again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:16