We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Waratah, NSW
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Day 6 Sun 3rd. We booked a circle island tour for the day. We booked Roberts tour through /www.savontourshawaii.com.

when we were picked up we discovered we were booked for Saturday- they let us go anyway. When waiting another roberts bus passed so we thought we may have missed it, other pax on same tour said not worry as they were on the same tour for second time they said it was cheaper than a day shopping. This tour is a highlight tour you only get 15 min stops. TIP the tour would be great for those wanting to hire car or take public transport to different parts- can work out parking and see bus stops all the way. We enjoyed it the driver was excellent although my husband put on his ipod as he was tired of the driver talking.

When heading back in to Waikiki the bus had to change routes dur to road closures, we alighted at Lewers St and caught the parade. We were booked for the Shorebird and just started dinner when the fireworks went off. Great view from our table, we also learnt to use our vouchers to get $10 off dinner.

Day 6 Mon was our rest day. Late breakfast and time at the pool.

in the afternoon we thought we try somewhere different for dinner and tried to book Dukes- they had no booking until 9pm. We found happy hour at Moose McGuillycuddy, then went to the Cheescake factory just before 5. We were seated straight away but they said after 6 waiting times can be up to 1-2 hours. We were overwhelmed with the menu and the servings were huge- even the side salad was the size of party platter. We wandered up to the kings village and watched changing of the guard in front of Burger King, there were farmers market on also. We had to walk off dinner and slowly headed home for drinks on the lanai.

Day 7 Tues 5th. We had tickets booked for 1pm on the US Arizona memorial. We caught a shuttle at 10, we did not get to Pearl Harbour until just before 11 as the shuttle also had airport drops. At 11 am they were giving out 1.45 and 2pm tickets for Arizona. We wandered around we didn't do the other memorials as we didn't have time especially as my husband cannot walk fast and needs to seat. He would not have been able to do the submarine.

We like the memorial, but found the military musuem at Ft DeRussy was just as good.

We headed for happy hour at the Moose and had dinner there. Every night they have a dinner special- the fish taco was probably some of the tasiest food i ate. My husband meal was huge and it was nice place. We finished the night off with another walk and a few drinks on the lanai.

Day 8 Wed this was a serious shopping day, hubby had a hangover but still came- we caught the $5 PG Glover shuttle to Waikele outlets. We used the coupon book included with the shuttle fare. At one shop they sent a customer out to buy the coupon book for $5 for the savings. I had a strict budget and bought mainly for my husband who looks fine in Pierre Cardin shirts and new shorts fro Izod. We missed out on seats on the 2pm shuttle so stayed to 3pm- lucky as I bought a leather coat reduced from $580 to $99 for DD plus $20 off. TIP get picked up at Trumps as the pickup at the Duke Statue is packed and some missed out on the shuttle as it was full. We have had quiet afternoon bought our leis from Aunty Bella's Lei Stand for $10 each cheaper than the fake ones. Tommorrow we renew our wedding vows on on 20th anniversary.

Mam

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Great trip report so far....

I hope your wedding vow renewals are memorable...congratulations!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
712 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

let us know how your vow renewal went

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Sounds fab - congratulations on your 20th anniversary and renewal! xx

Lou73

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

I love trip reports! Always little nuggets of info embedded in them, and I feel a bit like I'm living through the reporter whenever I read them. Now I have to go search for this changing of the guard in King's Village...that might be of interest to my little son who loves watching people in action! Have a wonderful anniversary, and keep up the rest of the report for me:)

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Thanks for the report and the tips.

Congrats on the 20th Anniversary.

Our first trip to Hawaii celebrating our 35th Anniversary happens in 36 days - can't wait!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Your trip reports have been such fun and nice info you've shared with us! Congratulations on your 20th anniversary! I cannot believe it has been almost a year since we celebrated our 30th on Maui......Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,979 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Congratulations!! You shopping expedition sounds like a steal!! Spent our 25th anniversary on Kauai, after 5 days on Oahu. That was almost 15 years ago!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

Not too long at all, love a good detailed trip report. Great work with the leather jacket, especially as leather back in vogue this season. The size of the Cheesecake factory meals amazed me too, biggest salad I've ever seen meant for one person.Planning to share this time...

9. Re: Trip Report day 5-8 a bit long!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:15