We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs on arrival from a cruise.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Customs on arrival from a cruise.

What are the restrictions regarding cigarettes when arriving in Honolulu from a cruise ship?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,695 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

Are you talking about buying cigs on Oahu? Hop over to www.cruisecritic.com you will get great info there on your cruise.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

Are you taking them off the ship? Are you disembarking for good in Honolulu? They aren't for resale, are they?

Personally, I'd go to the U.S. Customs webpage. Some states, as well as the feds have restrictions for resale.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

Of course they are not for resale, I simply want to be able to take some cigarettes into Honolulu for my two day stay there, then I fly back to Sydney.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

I see no reason why you should be restricted at all. I'm sure it happens all the time. But check the Customs webpage.

And I agree with mamma. This would be a good question for Cruise Critic.

(The question about resale is not a stupid one. I have listened to way too many hearings about bringing cigarettes into California/the US for resale. It happens, and there are taxation issues.)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,799 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

just in general you can bring 200 cigarettes into the US from abroad for personal use, so I guess if you aren't smoking more than 200 in two days, you'll be fine.

6. Re: Customs on arrival from a cruise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:17