We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

We will be in Waikiki 9/29/13 thru 10/13/13 and are looking for a good Sunset Cruise, not a dinner cruise. We've done one in Maui several times with Paragon with Captain Ray, and it was awesome! We did one on Kauai which was great and another one from the North Shore that left a little to be desired. I've looked here on the board and the Outrigger Catamaran was mentioned and sounded nice, but it's an old post that has been closed. Anyone know anything about that? We are looking for something fairly small and not the big 'party boat' type ... but would like drinks and snacks too. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
North Shore
North Shore
1,017 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

I believe they call themselves Waikiki Rigger now. We have been several times as recently as last July. The party atmosphere can range from sedate to raucous depending on the passengers. The readily available alcoholic beverages have much to do with it. It is a well-run operation which we enjoy very much. Go on YouTube, search for Outrigger Catamaran Waikiki, and you can view a bunch of videos of the sailing.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

We've taken the Waikiki Rigger twice, and it wasn't rowdy either time. It's smaller than some of the others, so you get more of a chance to chat with the crew.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Dallas
Level Contributor
24,811 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

We always take the NaHokuII

Good fun, great crew and free mai-tai's and beer.

Here is their website.

nahokuii.com

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Thanx! It sounds good ... I looked at some of the you tubes and see what you mean. The partying really doesn't bother us, just not looking for one of those really big ones. This looks good and the reviews are great that I've read. Seems more people like the Outrigger than the other ones available. Frankly, we're just spoiled with Paragon in Maui, it was so awesome and we've gone several times. When I booked the one out of the North Shore thought it would be good, but it really wasn't. The one in Kauai along the Na Pali Coast was very good though. I like that's you've gone recently, as I said, most of the other reviews I saw were a long time ago and you know how that can go. Think I will recommend this one to my husband ... and also our cousins may be there too when we are, and I think they will like it as well. Appreciate your response .... thanx again!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
North Shore
North Shore
1,017 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Be sure to do the Sunset cruise in Oahu best sailing of all the islands,1 1/2 hour ride the go out from the beach and usually sail past diamondhead. You do have to walk in water to get on, and it does get windy and simetimes wet so dress casual. These boats do not advertise much but are very popular with regular visitors and locals.

Here is my sunset sail reviews, more than you need to know

I think the Maitai is the nicest boat overall, wide beam sails very smooth, and the workers are just a tad more prefessional, but not too much. They have some good coupons for day sails that will cost ypu $15 each. Sunset is $39 all you can drink. This the boat Justin Bieber sailed on

leahi.com green sails be the sheraton

The two most popular boats are the Outrigger and the Na Hoku II. The staff works the crowd pretty good and they tend to be the best party boats, Outrigger tends to be a little more expensive but they have coupons, Outrigger has the rigger drinks which are pretty good. The Outrigger is at the reef hotel, and the Na Hoku is the red and yellow sail at the Moana. The Na Hoku recently bought the Manu Kai and painted it yellow and blue. A little nicer boat, gets a big party crowd.

outriggercatamaranhawaii.com nahokuii.com

If you want lower prices the Kepoikai was $20 at my last visit. Kepoikai is the blue and white boat in front of the Outrigger hotel, it sails a little low in the water so it is not the best sail. There Mai Tais are pretty bad, but beer is $2

kepoikai.com

For day sails no reservation required, just jump on. For sunset sails make sure to make a reservation a few days before, they usually sell out.

If you do online reservations double check when you get there. Also many of the boats take cash only, the Maitai and Rigger will take credit cards

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Hoku Hawaii Tours
Hoku Hawaii Tours
788 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Thanx, that's great to know! It sounds like something we would like and probably will book. I like the 'smaller' vs the 'larger'. Appreciate your reply! Thanx again!

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Thanx! Appreciate your reply! Great information and no ... never more than I need to know, I like to get as much info and reviews/opinions as I can when we travel. Right now we are leaning (or at least I am since I'm doing the research, LOL) towards the Outrigger. Looked at some YouTube videos as well. Thanx for your input!

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

Thanx for your reply! I will check out the website ... but from what I've already read it seems very good. Thanx again!

9. Re: Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 06:15