We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

houston
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Hi All,

My family will be coming to Hawaii in July the first time. Thanks to all the TA experts, I've been able to get a lot of help planning. We plan on staying at the Outrigger Reef and I'm trying to reserve a car for two days. I checked Discount Hawaii Rental and the cheapest rate is available at Thrifty. I google the location and it's not too far away from Outrigger Reef. Can you tell me is it an easy walk to Thrifty, about how long? Other cheaper rental locations will be Dollar and Budget, will any of these be closer?

Thanks

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

What street does it say it is on in Waikiki? It could be at another hotel in Waikiki.

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Rented from them and walked from the Embassy Suites and I think it took less than 10 minutes

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Unknown, Thifty Rental is located at Keoniana and Kalakaua Avenue, kitty corner across the Aloha Gas Stataion, just before the fork at Kuhio and Kalakaua Avenue.

A few minutes up the road on Beachwalk, from the Outrigger Reef, just behind Embassy Suites is VIP Rentals. Don't cancel Trifty, but, go check them out once you arrive. Act like you inquiring, wheel and deal. If they are slow, you might just get a great deal. Good luck,

houston
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Thank you all!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
99 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

For anyone familiar with the area...also staying at the Outrigger Reef and looking to rent a car for one day.

Looked at Thrifty/Dollar, located at 2002 Kalakau Ave. Also, Enterprise RAC, located at 151 Kaiulani.

Any help advising which is closer to the Reef?

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Just so you're aware: There's a Hertz IN Outrigger Reef.

I've never seen very competitive rates there. But because you're weighing costs with walking distances, it's good to have all the info!

7. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 21:56
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

David, just so you know, this is a public forum and every man and his dog can see that email address - your poor friend Susan will end up getting spammed to death by every spammer and scammer in the world. Never put a private email address out in a public area especially without someones personal permission.

I'd hit the delete button on that post and put the information in again without the email address and tell people to message you if they want it. :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
99 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

Yes, I was aware of the Hertz located within the Outrigger Reef property, but I noted they have limited hours, specifically for the return. Was looking at another car rental agency within walking distance of the Reef that had longer hours. Thanks for any help!

10. Re: Closest car rental from Outrigger Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:16