We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carolinas
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

I have a 12:00 noon flight to Japan from HNL. What time should I leave the hotel, and what is the best, most reliable transportation to get me there on time? For international flights, I believe that I need to be at the airport three hours before departure. I have read some posts that mention drivers getting lost, delayed, etc. on the way to pick up passengers which is why I am asking for advice.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

I would simply take a cab. The bell staff will flag one for you.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

Safest from a time standpoint is to take a taxi. They are lined up and waiting so no chance of them getting lost or delayed getting to your hotel.

I never heard of a taxi getting lost going to the airport from Waikiki. They do that many, many times and its pretty hard to get lost.

So I would allow 30 minutes before I had to be at the airport and if you are a couple of minutes late allowing 3 hours, you will not have a problem.

Aloha

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,952 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

I agree. There is doorman at the entryway to the hotel. They are putting people in and out of taxis all tlhe time at Outrigger Reef. Just allow sufficient time. I've never heard of a taxi getting lost on the way back to the airport.

Elk Grove, CA
Level Contributor
25 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

If you don't want to take a taxi, I believe that Outrigger reef provided the shuttle service. (around $15 per person). Check with the doormen.

Carolinas
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

Thank you for responding. As clarification, I was referring to posts stating that drivers were lost/delayed picking up passengers at hotels, not driving to the airport. I am glad to know that cabs are easily obtained at the hotel and that the hotel may have a shuttle to the airport. Again, thank you.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

I doubt seriously that the Outrigger Reef has a shuttle to the airport. I can't think of one hotel that does. I'm sure that they can arrange one for you - but that shuttle may (and probably will) have pick-ups at other hotels before actually getting on the road. Another reason to take a cab.

Either of these shuttle companies is good ... and their vans are relatively small. You can, and should, make reservations ahead if that is what you decide to do.

www.robertshawaii.com/airport-shuttle.php

http://speedishuttle.com/

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

The Sheraton Hotels do provide their own shuttle service to the airport for guest of the Sheraton properties. Service is provided by Robert's Hawaii.

You best bet to prevent long hauls, delays and getting lost is to call yourself for an airport appointment with anyone of the taxi companies list in the phone book. Or just make an appointment with one of your taxi that you ride during your visit.

Lots of front door personnel call their favorite taxi company only because arrangements are made for them to collect from taxi driver one large kick back, hurting the tourist industry, because the taxi driver is out of his pocket money before your trip to the airport begins. This has been a long standard in the industry.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

We have always had superior service from Roberts. They always ask for flight time and you could always tell them that it is an international flight to allow you the extra time.

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

Try Star Taxi. 808-942-7827. Call the day before and make a booking. Allow about 40 minutes to get to the airport as traffic is gettein worse day by day. They have on-time service and very capable drivers. The cost is $28.oo USD up to 4 passengers.

10. Re: Transportation from Outrigger Reef to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18