We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liljestrand House - Any Information?

Level Contributor
1,448 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Liljestrand House - Any Information?

I am browsing around, looking for new and different things to do on this trip, and came upon the Liljestrand House web site.

I've called the telephone number and it is not working. Does anyone know anything about this home? Are tours available?

thanks.

1. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 23:31
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

I tried to post a link...which didn't work!.....then edited it, but was too late!, so will try to re write.....

I have just Googled this house/home as had never heard of it, but I will bet there is a destination expert out there who has.

Perhaps the University of Hawaii or Honolulu Academy might help you.

Just looked at some magnificent photos of this house...just breathtaking....has stood the test of time extremely well. Hard to believe it is virtually 60 years old

Thank you for posting your query, if only to give me & others the opportunity to research it.

Mentioned in this post
University of Hawaii at  Manoa Campus
University of Hawaii at...
108 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

…houseplans.com/2012/…

This is a link with some beautiful pictures...actually I prefer looking at hese sorts of pictures rather than a cooking/recipe book....no added calories either.

Edited: 20 April 2013, 00:27
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

Rangerjohn - We share an appreciation for good and interesting architecture. i would love, absolutely love to visit that home. It seems like it was open to the public at some point, but now I can't locate any information. My husband and I always attempt to work in some interesting, off-the-beaten path spots on each of our vacations.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

I don't know anything about the house, but the area is well known. I must have past it dozens of times. It's part of the Round Top, Tantalus drive that has gorgeous views. There is even a wayside park for viewing.

6. Re: Liljestrand House - Any Information?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:18