We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween

I'm not a big fan of Halloween ... but I am finding some good deals in Honolulu at that time ... and I am thinking of a one- or two-week stay. I recall some posts from years ago, but I thought I would ask again: What's Halloween like on Waikiki? And are the activities just on Halloween night, or does it become a weekend thing? Halloween is on a Thursday this year.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween

Our first trip we were there on Halloween and the streets of Waikiki were pretty crazy lots of people since the University is close but also lots of police presence.

It was only like that on Halloween night the next night it was back to normal.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween

That is just in Waikiki, BLBL, look up some of amberloo's old threads. I think there is one about the Hallowbaloo, or something like that. It lasts for a couple of days.

Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween

Great question!

We will be staying in Waikiki over Halloween too and i was wondering the same thing, however we are from Australia so i think it will be a bit exciting for us to experience a real Halloween atmosphere. My husband wants to take costumes hahah do people dress up?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,762 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween

Aloha,

People from all over the world come to Waikiki for Halloween.

Bring a costume and get in the mix.

Expect 10,000 ghosts, goblins and more.

Aloha

California
Level Contributor
9,795 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween

My hairdresser loves Waikiki on Halloween, and, yes, he dressses up. I know he'll be there this year.

Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween

How cool, Hubby will love that, i think we will have to get involved with a costume :) and one for our little man.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween

Thanks, all. I may bump this up if I decide to travel over the end October.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween

I was on Oahu one year during the Halloween period,, although not staying in Waikiki, but when I was downtown there,, there was a definite "buzz" about! , I remember people being dressed in costume during the daytime!, & there was some type of big event going on, like a circ de soliel, or something,, there were posters for it all over central Waikiki. You'll have a blast!

Edited: 16 May 2013, 23:19
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween

Until two years ago we always went to Waikiki early November however, for the last two years we have been there late October for Halloween. We now book to be there the last week in October. In Australia we don't celebrate Halloween. in Waikiki it's just crazy so if you can coordinate your visit to coincide with Halloween you will love it. It goes on all night and Kalakau Ave is pack with party people. Dress up if you want to but you don't have to, just find a spot to stand and watch the spooky and fun outfits.

10. Re: Halloween

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 06:19