We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Waikiki in September 2013 for the 1st time and am torn between 2 different accommodation options.

Waikiki Parc Hotel - in a Parc Room (city or mountain view)

OR

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel - in an Ocean View Room

Both options amount to the same price, so i am trying to figure out wether to go for the Parc which appears to be newer and cleaner inside although 1 street away from the beach and only city/mountain view OR the Aston which is right across from the beach and would be a room that has an ocean view, but who's interior is somewhat dated.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully this will help me to decide which way to go :)

Thanks

Suzy

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,207 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

My next trip will probably be in October, and I'll be staying at the Parc. I've always wanted to check them out.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

I'd go with the Parc!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,802 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

The Waikiki Parc Hotel would be my choice. It is a very nice hotel and a good location.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Suzy - I would ask how you arrived at these two choices alone? There are better options available to either one in my opinion, so why just these two?

What is your nightly budget and needs? You might get some ideas for better places from posters if you want to consider other options.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Thank you all for your replies, i think i am leaning towards the Parc also :)

placebets, i am looking for something decent that is close to the beach and shops etc and am looking to spend up to $250 per night for 2 people during 30 Aug - 11 Sep (for 12 nights)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Hi Suzy,

My son stayed at the Waikiki Parc in December, on his own, and he loved it. We got an amazing deal for him on hawaiidiscounthotels.com, much cheaper than anything on line or direct with the hotel. Give them a go, if you have not booked yet. They even telephoned me here in Sydney, so I was not spending my money on an overseas phone call.

Cheers from a cold day here in Sydney,

Sandy

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Correction: discounthawaiihotels.com,

x

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Another correction - sorry. He stayed at the Park Shore Hotel in Waikiki - direct beachfront - beaut ocean view room - fantastic price.Pool has full sun all day also.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

Suzy - you might look at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber and even the Hyatt Regency. Hyatt sometimes has specials in that price range.

Both of those are on Kalakua and directly across from Waikiki Beach and in the middle of the shops and restaurants.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Aloha

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,802 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waikiki Parc Hotel vs Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel??!

The Hyatt Regency might be directly across from the beach, but it is Kuhio Beach, not Waikiki Beach and the Holiday Inn Beachcomber is directly across from the Royal Hawaiian Center, not any beach. It is also on the busiest street in Waikiki and I'd never choose the HI Beachcomber over The Parc.

The Hyatt Regency vs The Parc might be a toss-up. I like the Hyatt Regency if you can get high enough to not hear the noise and it has big rooms, but I prefer to be off Kalakaua and on the beach side of Kalakaua, not the Ala Wai Canal side of Kalakaua.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

The Park Shore is a good value, but not as nice a hotel as the Parc.