We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Homewares

Western Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Homewares

Hi just looking for any recommendations for stores or shopping areas that carry lovely decorator home wares such as cushion covers, linen, glassware etc. Thank you.

Jem

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Homewares

TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less for the thrifty shopper.

Macy's - and they have good sales!

Williams & Sonoma ... wow ....

Bed, Bath and Beyond, for sure ... but they are not easy to get to.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Homewares

There is a new Bed Bath & Beyond that just opened in Ward Centre---easy to get to from Waikiki.

bizjournals.com/pacific/blog/morning_call/20…

Go to their site and you might be able to download some coupons.

Macy's is great too---fabulous sales and I do believe you can get that visitor's discount too.

Ross' Dress for Less has great bargains but it is all hit and miss. I believe they get manufacturers' overstocks and closeout items. Nonetheless, I've gotten many household items there, but I've also gone there and gotten nothing. IMHO it's the kind of store where you have to go on a regular basis, hoping for a find. If you hit it just right they can have some really great deals on glassware, cookware, etc.

Williams and Sonoma....hmmm. I bought my dream cookware there but it is definitely not the place to go for bargains. Yes, they have sales, but....

The Compleat Kitchen in Kahala Mall has nice stuff too. They used to have a store in Ala Moana but it closed. I found some totally cute handpainted martini glasses there----AFTER I bought them at Ross' for less than 1/3 the price! But again, Ross' is totally hit and miss. If you see something in Ross' that you love, BUY IT! Guaranteed it will not be there if you go back the next day looking for it.

www.compleatkitchenhawaii.com/about.html

Bendigo
Level Contributor
921 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Homewares

Bed, bath and beyond is really worth a visit - had just opened when we were there and just lovely to wander around and so many shop assistants. Williams and Sonoma at Ala Moana is wonderful - I always bring home something from there. Ross' Dress for Less is now in Waikiki - upstairs and at back of the store and worth having a look - it is hit and miss tho, but stock changes rapidly so if you have time, a couple of quick visits. Have a wonderful holiday.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
921 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Homewares

I should have added = at Macy's near the jewellery counter (past perfume) is the Vistors Information booth so if you produce some ID, a passport, drivers licence you can get the 'voucher' which will entitle you to a discount at all Macys stores.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Homewares

Bed, bath, beyond has super homewares, and good prices! Happy shopping! :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Homewares

A new B B & B! Ward Center is handy - this is great.

If you are looking for the "practical," K-Mart and Target and good choices as well.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Homewares

Depends the kind of thing you are looking for. There are some more high-end shops with gorgeous Hawaii-themed glassware, linens, table runners, etc. around. There is a nice one at the Hyatt hotel gift shops area (sorry don't remember name) but got some lovely dish towels (vintage Hawaiian theme).

The ideas above are fine for regular housewares at good prices, same stuff as you'd find on the mainland US locations of those same chain stores.

suze

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Homewares

If you are going to the Ward Centre to visit B B & B and TJ Maxx, you might want to also drop in to Executive Chef and Pier 1 Imports around there as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Homewares

Wow, I just noticed Betty Lou and Suze are neck and neck in the posting stakes! Great work and a big thanks for all your contributions!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Homewares

There are some nice ones at the Ward Centre ... you can get The Bus there. There is a Ross' Dress for Less behind on Ward Avenue, although I found more clothes than home wares.

Take an empty case ... you'll be stocking up!

Don't forget makeup prices are unbelieveably cheap for us... have a look at Longs Drugs in the Ala Moana Center for the cheaper brands, ie Revlon, Cover Girl .. and the more expensive brands like Estee Lauder and Mac at Macy's. Although I do believe you don't get the discount on makeup at Macy's ... but you can correct me when you get back.

Mac also has its own stores in Waikiki and Ala Moana.