We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hawaii 5-0 filming?

We will be on Oahu from June 28 - July 3. Just wondering if Hawaii 5-0 will have started filming yet? Any idea where to get the best information about where they might be? Mahalo.

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

On the news, I saw that filming for the 4th season will begin in July. My guess is that filming will begin on July 8, 2013 (based on filming for the 3rd season began on July 9, 2012). They are moving to the Hawaii Film Studio at Diamond Head for the 4th season, but film all over the island. The Hawaii Film Studio is down the hill from the Kapiolani Community College Campus. Hawaii Five-0 often films by the King Kamehameha Statue in front of the Hawaii State Supreme Court building, at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, around the Kakaako area (Ward Avenue to South Street and Kapiolani Blvd to Ala Moana Blvd), Ala Moana Beach Park, and Kualoa Ranch (for jungle terrain). You probably need to monitor fansite forums for any postings of current filming locations.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Oh this is awesome, might get to see wow it all comes together, my wife would faint , I was just in BC and saw an a scene of the TV show Arrow being filmed in North Vancouver, very cool

Westfield, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Did you manage to see Hawaii 5O being filmed in the end? We are off there next Week and was hoping to spot some filming too :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

They started filming yesterday in the Waikiki Zoo parking lot.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

They just finished filming on the beach in front of the Foster Tower.

Westfield, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Wow, they are busy filming already......if anyone knows of any locations next week, feel free to let me know :)

Westfield, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Also, does anyone know the address of Steve McGarretts house? I've seen pics of tourists sat on chairs in his back yard.

Maple Ridge, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

They have been sharing pics and tweets about filming. Might be good to check out a few of their accounts.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

McGarrett's house is the Bayer Estate, 5329 Kalanianaole Highway. You can rent it for weddings or special events: www.bayerestate.com/cms/index.php?page=events CBS built an exact replica of the interior for filming the indoor scenes.

Westfield, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaii 5-0 filming?

Thanks I will