We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

Hi

Is there an easy way to get to Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park?

I want to see the panoramic views of the city but I prefer not to rent a car or get a taxi.

Please advise

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

Aloha,

The Bus would drop you off with about a 2 mile hike, then its a steep climb up that road with no sidewalks.

I would rent a car, you could easily do the North Shore too.

Hope you get to see it

Aloha

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

lazymasonkid, highly recommend you rent a car for the day, plan your day to include the National Memorial Punchbowl, then, the drive to Pu'u Ualaka'a State Park via the scenic route up Mt Tantalus to Pu'u Ualaka'a State Park. There is no public transportation to the park. City bus will drop you off in Maikiki and it is a "HIKE" up hill to the park.

Taxi fare from Waikiki will cost you roughly $40 r/t. Add waiting time for the amount of time you stay at the park, a rental car might cost you less and you get to use the rental to drive around the island the rest of the day.

Good luck,

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

The best advice I can give on this forum is to rent a car while on Oahu. You can see the island much better with a car.

4. Re: Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Park by public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17