We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars main strip?

New York
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bars main strip?

Question. Is there an area of town that has a bunch of bars or lounges? Maybe a main strip of sorts? Thanks.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars main strip?

Are you staying on Waikiki? I can't think of a hotel on the beach that doesn't have at least one bar. And there are bars out and about Waikiki as well. But note, and I don't know how to put this, many are more "family oriented." There are families and kids around.

If you are looking for more "dive bars," I'll refer to you the other posters.

There are some great "Happy Hours" on Waikiki as well. Where are you staying?

New York
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars main strip?

At the hhv. Seems the bars near here close pretty early. So I was curious if there was an area with a high concentration of bars where we could bar hop or find stuff easily. Not really looking for a club but open to any other types of nightlife.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars main strip?

Kelley O'Neil's on Lewer's street is open late and right across the street is Moose McGIllycuddy's.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,697 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars main strip?

What hours are you looking for? Chinatown has a clump of cool bars,

http://goo.gl/maps/uwVl1

Waikiki has a clump as well.

http://goo.gl/maps/B49zn

There are also Korean & Japanese bars that are fun over by Ala Moana Center and McCully - Moiliili has some good ones as well. It just depends on what hours, what vibe you want.

But Honolulu isn't Miami and Waikiki isn't Cancun.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars main strip?

Waikiki is compact, so you can pretty much walk to any bar you'd like to visit. No worries about driving.

We try to stay away from the overly touristy bars. That means we wouldn't drink at the HHV! Up to you of course, but we'd mosey on down the beach a short bit to the Barefoot Bar at the Hale Koa. We might then stroll up Saratoga to

Anold's

Both are very close by.

Assuming you're still game, move on down Kuhio to the Honolulu Tavern on Nohonani. Great mix of locals and a few tourists at all three. Karaoke at the Honolulu Tavern if you enjoy that stuff.

Google these places to see if they are for you. Not for everyone, thank goodness!

Edited: 02 June 2013, 03:49
Seattle
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars main strip?

That would actually be

arnoldswaikiki.com

Edited: 02 June 2013, 03:52
United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars main strip?

Spelling of Arnold's AlandRoberta, lol,, phone probs like me !! speaking of bars,, lol!! Have a good one y'all!!

Aloha ~

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars main strip?

And I haven't even had a lava flow!

9. Re: Bars main strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16